Fairly Knives Chat - For people who like Knives, have Knives or use Knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
You can only post here if you

Have Knives
Want Knives
Like Knives
or
Cut stuff with Knives

All others who are not familiar with Knives can't post here. Sorry!

Last edited:
Morning all. Well I like knives, want knives, and cut stuff with knives, including myself. So I guess I qualify.

Afternoon men.I am in on the first page!Wohoooo!!!! I am off to a dentist appointment today and have appointments out of town the next 2 days.It is going to suck the one tomorrow is an hour each way and the one Friday is 2 hours each way.You men have a great Wednesday and don't cut your selves!

You can only post here if you

Have Knives
Want Knives
Like Knives
or
Cut stuff with Knives I cut more stuff than is probably necessary with knives

All others who are not familiar with Knives can't post here. Sorry!

I have knives, but not nearly enough. Just don't ask my wife:D
I want more knives than I could possibly afford:rolleyes:
I REALLY like knives, especially insanely sharp ones:eek:
I cut more stuff than is probably necessary with knives. And yes, I have the band aids (and scars) to prove it;)

So I'll do my best to post here regularly!

Damn BC, your puttin on some miles! Drive safe, hope all goes well

Name yer favorites!
Leu kwkn, Busse Pork Shank, Willumsen Tuco, AGR Cowboy, Fairly Fricky. :)
I have more...
Hi Gang!

Knifes? What be they? Are they anything like the Fairly tanto I just got? :D

Hey guys I hope everybody is having a good time! :D

Favorites... besides mine, lol!

Phill Hartsfield's Japanese styled blades, Snody Knives, anything by Jimmy Fikes, Horton Knives

More production oriented - Strider, Chris Reeves Knives. Factory style - Benchmade

I also like old Military knives, the USMC Hospital Corps Bolo being one of my favorites.

There are so many good makers, that's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Great time as always!!

We can name names other than DFK when it comes to our favorites???:confused: (sarcastic gasp!)

Evening -

Just checking in, still haven't got much done in the shop today, started another rifle project today. I did start a bamboo handle on a paring knife today, got it glued, pinned, and 97% shaped, I will head back out to the shop tonight after the little one goes to bed, do some test cutting with my rigger and make some more saw dust.

I'll post up a couple of pics of my plans for my rifle project later as well.

-Xander

faves? lets see.... DFK for sure,Horton, American kami,Tandoc ,Havocworks,Anso,Treeman,sniper,Graham and on and on
Danial, that shirt is great! thanks for the 1084 Xander and I chopped it down the middle so we have the same starting point and we will see what each of us comes up with.I got to hold the rigging knife and Danial I have to tell you that is one beautiful knife!The pix I had seen did not do it justice.The tanto is awesome also but it is kinda a blank slate so the rigger stole the show.I finaly got your address from Xander so your music is on its way . Have a great night everyone. Time for me to wash the dogs.see ya.

Great time as always!!

We can name names other than DFK when it comes to our favorites???:confused: (sarcastic gasp!)

No, only mine! :D

Evening -

Just checking in, still haven't got much done in the shop today, started another rifle project today. I did start a bamboo handle on a paring knife today, got it glued, pinned, and 97% shaped, I will head back out to the shop tonight after the little one goes to bed, do some test cutting with my rigger and make some more saw dust.

I'll post up a couple of pics of my plans for my rifle project later as well.

-Xander

A bamboo handled paring knife sounds awesome! Are you using a laminate? Cool project...

I made a paring knife as my first knife to heat treat, I finished it a few months back, it has copper pins on a maple Wa style (octagonal) handle. I used a flooring sample for the wood, it has nice figure to it! I need to finish the maple, at the time I made it I thought it only needed to be sanded to finish. Kitchen knives are a fun challenge.

faves? lets see.... DFK for sure,Horton, American kami,Tandoc ,Havocworks,Anso,Treeman,sniper,Graham and on and on
Danial, that shirt is great! thanks for the 1084 Xander and I chopped it down the middle so we have the same starting point and we will see what each of us comes up with.I got to hold the rigging knife and Danial I have to tell you that is one beautiful knife!The pix I had seen did not do it justice.The tanto is awesome also but it is kinda a blank slate so the rigger stole the show.I finaly got your address from Xander so your music is on its way . Have a great night everyone. Time for me to wash the dogs.see ya.

Nice! Excellent makers there, many of my favorites as well.

Cool you like the shirt! I'm excited to hear you guys split the 1084, can't wait to see the outcome! I think 1084 is the most under rated steel around, I like it quite a lot. It heat treats very well, gets super fine grain so it can sharpen up to truly razor sharp.

Nice to hear on the rigger too! I am glad it looks better in person than the pics.

Thanks for sending me music! I need to get my computer going and make you a CD as well! :D Much appreciated!

Good morning guys! I have been very busy and will try to get some photos today, I have tons of progress made on the new batch!

I have also been super busy with supplies... anodizer and gear in! D2 on the way! Emerald Green rayskin in! Custom Stencil, check! My Ti is being held up, I have been on that and will be again today... I need it very soon. Belts for the next run are in! Lots of other supplies too...

Good morning everyone. I have pix to share with ya of my new piggy back sheath/sheaths (it comes apart) for a knife I made a while back and my kiridashi.If I take it apart the kiridashi sheath works as a pocket sheath . I really like the pocket sheath set up, I had never thought of doing that before. I have you to thank for that idea also Danial.Oh yea I am repin DFK today wearing my new shirt!
7415192064_8e2a8b92a6_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
7415178962_35fe90db74_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
7415189422_79363b2e96_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Kevin, the piggy back looks good! set it up for scout style and you can draw both out at the same time!

Here are some pics of my rifle project...

Stock making/modifying: the plans...

2012-06-20114825.jpg

the gun...

2012-06-20114940.jpg

Going to take a slim, light factory stock and cut, add and shape it into a classic "Marksman" style. Might use foam at add where I want and glass over it, or might go with something like bass wood that is light, carves easy and then send it out to be duplicated in nice wood.

This will take a while, I have three projects going at once because of lots of waiting is involved with these types of projects...

-Xander

Well goobie talking of putting on miles after this week next Wednesday I have to drive back to Marquette for my wife's surgery so that is 2 hours each way and then on July 5th I have to be in Iron Mountain for the VA pain clinic.That is just over 3 hours each way.All I can say is thank God it is summer time. I have drove my share of long drives in blizzard conditions where they said to stay in unless absolutely have to.

Favorite knives besides my Fairly's, Gossman's,Horton's,Culberson,Trace Rinaldi,Edmund Davidson,Bill Siegle's. The Edmund Davidson Bowie my wife bought me for our 5th wedding anniversary.That was 22 years ago and she paid $425 for it back then.That was my first custom knife and I have become an addict of true hard use custom knives.Nothing factory made can compare to a custom knife.Next I want a custom handgun.Believe it or not it is not going to be a 1911 but a custom single action armyin 454 Casull or 500 S&W.

You men have a good Thursday and a great Friday!!!!

I love knives.
I carry knives.
I make knives.
I dream of knives.
Every moment of everyday I am with knives.
My clothes rust due to making knives.
I taste metal shavings when I eat because of making knives.
I can't ever get away from knives.
Oh and I like cheap beer and women too.
Have a great one guys.
Daniel Combs
DanCo

Well goobie talking of putting on miles after this week next Wednesday I have to drive back to Marquette for my wife's surgery so that is 2 hours each way and then on July 5th I have to be in Iron Mountain for the VA pain clinic.That is just over 3 hours each way.All I can say is thank God it is summer time. I have drove my share of long drives in blizzard conditions where they said to stay in unless absolutely have to.

Favorite knives besides my Fairly's, Gossman's,Horton's,Culberson,Trace Rinaldi,Edmund Davidson,Bill Siegle's. The Edmund Davidson Bowie my wife bought me for our 5th wedding anniversary.That was 22 years ago and she paid $425 for it back then.That was my first custom knife and I have become an addict of true hard use custom knives.Nothing factory made can compare to a custom knife.Next I want a custom handgun.Believe it or not it is not going to be a 1911 but a custom single action armyin 454 Casull or 500 S&W.

You men have a good Thursday and a great Friday!!!!

Yeah, I'll take the summer drivin over MI/WI winter drivin anyday. Good luck with everything!!
Been eyeing up Bowen Classic Arms for a while now, he's the man when it comes to big bore sixguns. A 5 shot 45LC or 475 Linebaugh is the way to go for me....one of these days!!

Hi guys!
Hartsfield knives are Salt!! Have Pohan Leu trade with you. His knives are so nice and very Hartsfield-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back