Fairly Knives Chat - For people who like Knives, have Knives or use Knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol did you buy that D6 one on the X? That was mine too :) I bought a 3 set.. D3, D6, and REX121.. I kept the Rex... -_-

The specs on D6 are pretty sweet... Hell the D3 are great!

I need to increase the pile soon though.. need to get some pics up of my favs.. haven't had jack for time to lay out some pieces.. my boy is all over shiny objects o_O

BEER TIME~! Almost fully healed.. and then I get a F"ING GROIN PULL FFS... shoulder still aches when my littlest conks his head on it.. but I've been out mowing and keeping busy when I get a break from the noise... cheers! (inserst bottle clanking sound).

Oh, and I love sobriety... everyday.. for a few hours :D

Yeah, I'm just waiting for dude to reply to my reply to his email. I wanna put my "I'll take it!" on it now. I LOVE the D2 mule...

Yeah, Sloth. You better stop pulling your groin or you'll go blind!

At least need glasses.

I do wear glasses.. lol now I know why, doh!

Thanks D.. been a rough month and a half... =_= must buy more knives to even things out :D

lmao! :D

Yeah groin pulls are rough, I pulled mine a few times playing sports. I usually separate my shoulder every few years too, ouch! Feel better soon!

Buy more knives... yep! lol I'm keeping a folder this month I know that! Maybe next month but soon. :D

:D Farchyld - Check this old cord wrapping video... I hope this helps! I now gut and double wrap the cord.

[video=youtube_share;xLWs4x5FG34]http://youtu.be/xLWs4x5FG34[/video]

Afternoon guys.

Been in th shop all morning finishin up another knife. A litle sloyd knife.

2013-05-13112723_zpsdd3f327e.jpg

More specs on it in Shoptalk and the Traditional arenas.

Time to go to work :mad:

-Xander

Dang Xander,you are on a roll! Nice lookin' little carver.
Sloth,Hope ya get better soon!
Have a good one y'all!
Daniel, do you think that a 13" deep heat treat oven will be a good size or should I get a deeper oven?

Nice work, Xander. I went to see the shop I'm going to be renting some workspace in, and the guy who runs it wants to make straight razors- I told him about you, and he's going to come here and see what we get up to.

There's a coal and a gas forge, two power hammers, and a horizontal grinder among other things...

Xander that is looking good! I like that design for carving a lot and you really pulled it off nicely.

FBC 13" should be great for most blades, that is a nice size. Remember you want the knife at least a few inches away from the elements too.

Bako - nice... I hope he swings by.

Thanx guys! Oh, and that is not dried blood on my fingers, my bench block anvil is painted red and I guess I got carb cleaner over spray on it, so when I grabbed it the paint was all gooey.

Bako, hope you can strike a deal for that shop space! Learn to screw up cheap things first, thn try expensive blades!

Cheers!

-X

Not blood! lol I have cut myself already today... on a file! yesterday it was the belt edge, lol rarely a knife gets me

I'm in. 200/mo for 15 hours/wk of shop time, any time of day or night, but no air hammering at night. :(

Xander, I've been fucking up expensive stuff for years- I'm a super 1337 pro, Jack! :D He's got an entire box full of Paki swords with cord-wrapped masonite and plywood sayas, and silly fantasy blades someone dropped off, and a huge box of old files. He wants to forge and or smelt and cast stuff from them ASAP. He wants me to get running immediately! I put him on to Michael Morris for some file knife 411.

Hi guys

Belts hurt. In addition to grinding off my fingertips multiple times, I have a nice scar on my arm where the edge of a scotchbrite belt moving at high speed bumped me. Weirdest looking injury I have gotten from knifemaking, the skin looked like it melted off. :barf:

Congrats on the new workshop Bako!

Thanks Matt!

I'm ready to rock. Ow for the Waterjetting. I see H20 knife just cut some Ti liners which is right up my alley. Time to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back