Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

I'm about to start Rolf! :D No my internet has gotten really spotty since the last storm, not sure if my line is getting water in it or my service just sucks! I also have some stuff set up on my phone only (or it should be?) and I can read it if I am fast when a message pops up but that is it. I can go back and see it on my computer but not always!? On the gmail I just think I was using the wrong password or blocked myself trying to log into FB, I just signed in no problem.

Big day in the shop yesterday, I have 6 knives glued up!

Meditate instead. :D
Where you live, I'm surprised you don't have more blackouts!
RockOn, Daniel! I saw your latest on fb and they look great!!

Meditate instead. :D
Where you live, I'm surprised you don't have more blackouts!
RockOn, Daniel! I saw your latest on fb and they look great!!

We have short blackouts almost daily, kinda scary back here! It's been extremely cold too, sub zero in the morning. I was cooling some knives from temper in room temp water and by the time I got them to cooling them the water had ice crystals in it!

I'm in a really odd spot, 2.5 miles of dirt road that is not maintained except by the few of us who live back here. No mail, UPS, Fedex in the Winter... and no pizza!!!! :D It is actually pretty dangerous just checking the mail right now, I turned the 4runner sideways in the driveway last attempt!

We had a blackout back here that was 2 weeks long mid Winter, the electric guys had to snow shoe in! They still cut the trees with hand saws even. We have the line run from the highway now (used to run along an abandoned forest service road) so way better power but every time it snows about half the stuff goes out! You can see straight through the pole that holds up our line, lol a neighbor hit it with a plow and it has a big huge crack in it! They inspected it and said it was all good!

We are trying to move this year, across the highway is civilization and almost no snow!

Thanks on the video too! I'm trying to post stuff here but tapatalk just keeps shutting down! I can type just fine, no uploads though? I think my net is causing all of these computer issues.

I lived in St.Thomas USVI before this, now that place was crazy!

Last edited:
Wow! You live in such a beautiful place! Are you sure you want to move?
RockOn!!
rolf

The mountain is a cruel mistress, Hang in there, D! :D

Whatup fellers? Slowly making it through Winter here. Keep getting hit with 60's during the week, 30's during the weekend. Want some sunshine on my days off, dammit!

What have you guys been up to?

Hey all.
Up too early here. Springtime winds on the CO front range... 'bout ta blow the roof off.

Hey guys! I'm on my 3rd computer in 2 weeks (lost my brand new one last night) but this is good... covered under warranty! I could tell something was wrong as I was having all sorts of weird issues then the OS or HD bit it! This new one seems solid so far on set up.

Knives are going exceptionally well! I have ground 17 knives over the last 2 days and they are looking good. I had a major issue with my grinding wheel and lost a few knives until I trued it up the other day... grinds seem more on than ever and I am excited.

I don't understand D.... computers have made our lives easier.

Lost knives!! Now that's a tragedy!

Hi Gang!
4" of snow but it aint gonna last too long.
Warranty is good, Daniel! Get busy in the shop.

Hey guys! Snow is melting like crazy here!

Yes my computer still had one day under warranty for easy return, talk about lucky on that part!

Heat treat day today! I have a load of blades, maybe 16 total. All 3V!

Lets hope tapatalk starts working for me again, I have lots of pics and videos I want to show you guys.

Yo! Hope everyone is well. March madness is on us!! I normally don't worry about sports, but can't help but get socked into the tournament. Tons of fun! Hope you guys are well.

Let's hear it for DFK CPM 3V!!

Thanks Tony!

I've been grinding CPM-3V like a maniac! 12+ blades ready for glue-up or further and 6 more 95% finished.

I have about 50 knives going with roughly 40 fixed blades in the mix... it's going to be like old times with affordable fixed blades available a plenty!

I'm also working on loads of scale/liner combos and hopefully some acquiring custom black canvas micarta liner to go with the black canvas pins.

Check out the Kitchen EDC's in 3V for under $150... info on FB mostly.

Hi Gang! PA had record snowfall! It's just like Colorado... kinda!
Make it a good one!!
rolf

Rolf I bet you have some serious accumulation! We have snow about 1 foot below the t-post tops on my fence... was right to the top and is melting so fast we had to dig some mini ditches to channel runoff.

I've been pulling some long hours, 8-6:30 making knives and is going well!

Right now I'm on a quick break making a huge batch of Kimchi, lol. Napa and Bok Choy mostly... it's gonna get stinky! I've also been making sponge bread about every other day too, I have a sourdough culture going nicely.

You guys have a good one!!!

Back