Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Hey all. Good week here in Disneyland. Wasn't expecting much, was just sort of along for the ride (and to pick up the bill). Gotta admit, I had a blast seeing my kid have so much fun and seeing the technology that makes the magic kingdom so amazing. It really is a cool place.

Yo, D! Duuuuude you should start a recipe thread. I am interested in how you make kimchi.
TR, Disneyland is pretty cool but have you ever tried Disneyland on weeeeeeeeeeed? :D

More rain today. Gon' rain all weekend. And next week.

Power upgrade next week; I'm stoked! D, I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Food poisoning is no good!

I've never been to Disney-anything. Wife's been to Disneyworld a few times. She said i'd enjoy it but I remain skeptical.

Bobby, if you need help building a ark just let me know. :D

Bobby, if you need help building a ark just let me know. :D

I was once told to learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim. Who needs an ark? :)

D, when will you break out the camera and get some new videos up on youtube? I was just checking your page out and it's overdue!

Hope you're all doing well. Works still volatile here, so I'm focusing on other things around the house to distract me. It's working!

Evening fellas!

Been busy around here with match season coming into full swing, spending lots of time at the loading bench. Skipping a match outside Reno this weekend, storm coming in on Thursday night expected to dump 2-5 feet of snow on the passes through Saturday night. I'm not gonna try and fight that.

Daniel, I gotta get a package together for you soon. You want me to split that skull cap to make it easier to ship? Maybe I'll throw in some ancient aged Osage that was cut from a 100 year old fence post in Colorado too. I've got some other cool little bits that I think you'll dig.

Anyways, working on my getting my scores up from expert to master this year, my position has improved and my average is climbing!

Make it great y'all!

-Xander

Wow thanks Xander!!!! That's wild on the snow, we are still having passes close here... got 5" 2 days ago at my place too.

Whatever sounds good and most appreciated. That Osage sounds super cool! I have a stash of it that is aging right now.

Very nice on the shooting! I have been enjoying your photos.

I'm going to re-up on membership here soon! Looking into a new phone with more memory, etc or whatever it is I need to post pics here again. The knives are flowing and looking good.

Bobby I plan on more youtube videos, I just checked there and was floored by the subscribers/views I have. Part 2 of making a knife is next!

yo D. What is the world traveler and what is the logo on that side facing ... me. :D TPC?

Is that knife available? Are you going to make this into a run?

And same for the compact EDC... available? run?

I needs your address too! I thought I had it saved, but alas, NOPE. :D

Hi Gang! Peace!
Work has picked up and the kid punched a hole in the bathroom wall. Freekin Asperger's!

yo D. What is the world traveler and what is the logo on that side facing ... me. :D TPC?

Is that knife available? Are you going to make this into a run?

And same for the compact EDC... available? run?

I needs your address too! I thought I had it saved, but alas, NOPE. :D

Yo! TPC and I have no idea what it means... something special I did for a customer who happened to have excellent timing (I can order initial stencils with my sheet of regular ones but have only ordered 3 sheets ever)

I am making a couple right now but they are both spoken for... I think. I will make more though! They are a slightly larger version of my Pocket Fighter.

I'm about to decide on 2-4 fixed blade designs to make for a while, I'm considering the Compact EDC, a slim 8" EDC that is a new design, a tall Chef's line knife and maybe one other... probably the World Traveler (Fighter) I need input! :D

No compact EDC's available yet but I will have some soon, I think I need to make them a permanent model.

If you need anything let me know! I'm about to close my books again but always have a spot open for you. Addy on the way!

Hi Gang! Peace!
Work has picked up and the kid punched a hole in the bathroom wall. Freekin Asperger's!

Good on the work and i know a lot about drywall work, just sayin!

I hope you are doing well Rolf!

I mailed loads of knives out today and am about to go work more on scales/liners/bolster stuff. I have about 2 dozen sets made up now so look out for that soon too.

The World Traveler (Fighter), or the WTF? :D

Im trying hard to restrain myself from more purchases, but its been awhile. There will be no end to DFK's in my future. I'm only in control the rate :)

WTF, I like it! Thanks Bobby!

Xander do you use any red plastic (etc) at work that would be good for a tail light? My 62 is missing one and it is just flat red plastic...

Xander do you use any red plastic (etc) at work that would be good for a tail light? My 62 is missing one and it is just flat red plastic...
What, did you run out of red duct tape? :D
It's good to see all you folks here at the same time!

WTF taken by Busse of course...

But WTC... world traveler concealed, or commie... or companion :)

WTF, I like it! Thanks Bobby!

Sure do bud, you need a prismatic diffuser laminated to the inside of it as well? 1/8" thick work?

Sooo, I got to drinking some tequila last night, it's payday, was cruising the gun listings on a couple sites, I've now got a new rifle project coming... 260 Ackley Improved Match (caliber) in a blueprinted Reminton 700 action with a Criterion barrel. Not sure how I'm gonna sneak this one into the house...

Make it great!

-X

Hi Guys!
sloth- Please get sober.
Thank you, Daniel! We're back to, what you call normal, around here. Plus, we have snow flurries.
Any news about the movie knife?

What, did you run out of red duct tape? :D
It's good to see all you folks here at the same time!

I was going to do red duct tape with a blue dot for that custom look!

...random thought but did you guys know that curb feelers are still popular in the islands!

WTF taken by Busse of course...

But WTC... world traveler concealed, or commie... or companion :)

I've got some cool tough sounding knife names...

HAKTCS - here's a knife that cuts stuff

CKFCV - cute knife for cutting vegetables

BKDBLT - bad knife design but looks tactical

I do need to come up with some better knife names! I'm all worrying about edge geometry and that heat treat stuff, you can't even see it!

Sure do bud, you need a prismatic diffuser laminated to the inside of it as well? 1/8" thick work?

Sooo, I got to drinking some tequila last night, it's payday, was cruising the gun listings on a couple sites, I've now got a new rifle project coming... 260 Ackley Improved Match (caliber) in a blueprinted Reminton 700 action with a Criterion barrel. Not sure how I'm gonna sneak this one into the house...

Make it great!

-X

Sounds cool on the build! I did some reading and talk about precision, I bet it will be very accurate.

Your rock!!! I'm thinking on the diffuser, I just looked into it and see it must make the tail-light light up much more evenly. I'm excited to try and fab up a tail light, it is completely flat with just a gasket sealing it. :cool:

Hi Guys!
sloth- Please get sober.
Thank you, Daniel! We're back to, what you call normal, around here. Plus, we have snow flurries.
Any news about the movie knife?

It's still snowing on and off here too, heater is running right now!

No news on the movie knife but I'm about to contact them, I think it has been a year! There was a pretty lax time schedule required for the knives so probably still waiting on filming.

I've been busy here, must have about 50 knives in the works! I've been making sets of scales/pinstripes/liners/bolsters/etc and trying to streamline the process, it took me about 12 hours to do the first 12 sets which was waaaayyyyyy over my estimated time. I'm getting a bit faster now and have about 30 sets made up. Look out for new designs soon!

I'm also working on the '62 Ford Unibody! I have it running really well due to some luck on my part but am doing a compression test to se what is up with some white smoke coming from one exhaust pipe. That's a classic symptom of a blown (probably dried out here) head hasket but I have no other symptoms showing. It could have something to do with the egr but I bet is the gasket. I'll try to replace it myself if I can, I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject. 351C!!!

Back