Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Sup fellas, it's gonna be a hot one today! Already nearly 90° out, it not more.

Take it easy!

-X

Dannng, D! You are a man of many talents! I would like to see pics of some of this jewelry, sometime.
Sick day for me. I am not dying, just taking a day off so it doesn't get any worse.
Y'all have a good weekend!

I hope you are feeling better! @danielfairlyhandmade for pics on IG

Sup fellas, it's gonna be a hot one today! Already nearly 90° out, it not more.

Take it easy!

-X

It was super hot here... went to the desert today and was pushing 100. My place is nice in the summer though, sometimes as low as 50's in the mornings lately.

I finally made it out and went to town!!!! Farmington, NM and it was fun! I got a casting tip for my torch and some cool supplies... a super nice slab of Labrodorite, crucible. holder and more. I also got a box of Ricolite (stone) rough in the mail and it looks killer.

I also have a lot of steel coming in, loads of CF and lol 32 sheets of kydex as well as a lot of random materials. I even bought some Stag which I love but is a bit different for me... destined for a Kogatana.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Stag Kogatana?!!! :eek::thumbsup:
Thanks, D. I am feeling a little better. I'm glad you got a day out on the town sounds like you had fun.
Rock on.

What's the good word everyone?

Lots of summer fun, friends, family in town, etc.

One awesome thing... We have discovered the pure summer joy of epic waterbaloon fights with our 5 year old. We have had several of them in the past 3 weeks. We have taken to inviting friends and neighbors over for them. It's weird, I know, but man are we having fun!

All the best guys.

Sounds awesome, I'm getting some balloons!

I got the kids a nice trampoline along with a bunch of cool stuff for the yard... Jade also took Princess Ballerina Gymnastics where they dressed like princesses and did ballet, gymnastics, lol it was awesome! Perfect for a 5 year old. Last week was just gymnastics and she really learned a ton.

I' trying to make it out for a day or two but it just isn't happening, will probably work through the weekend and get a lot done! I'm doing lapidary work if I get a 10 hour day in after the knives too... will eventually have enough inventory to sell some cabs and carvings.

Casting was a success in my opinion, I'm almost there in getting a complete casting ad I think looking good. The guy I look up to the most in the industry noticed my work and gave me a few tips which was a huge honor.

I also got invited to an art show with a free table and no commission fees! I told them not enough inventory yet but that was cool...

Yesterday I final profiled 22 knives! Most were rough sawed out from the day before but I also finished up sheaths and made some clips. Look out for loads of CPM-3V... most are going to be available through a dealer and I will also have some tantos and 2 kogatanas!

Kids sound like they're having a blast! The trampoline is first, soon they'll want that in ground pool! You're gonna need to sell more knives haha.

Free table invite? That's pretty awesome! I think you'd crush a knife show.

Yay 3V!

Hey guys! I need tapatalk! I had it and was posting OK but had to erase the app. I'll get some pics up... miss posting here!

Sloth357 are you around? YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony that one is finally done curing (had to sit a week before final polish) and the handle looks insane! I'll definitely post pics once it is 100%.

Last edited:
Sup guys!

Kevin, how's it going? Keeping cool out there? We're finally breaking into the 90's. It's awful!

D that new folder is great! Thumb hole looks extra large; big guy friendly!

Where's this Koa? This thread needs more pics!

-Bobby

Hot here too but I can't complain, not too bad... some mornings are in the high 50's. Getting really hot in the shop though, 90 + in the afternoons

Thanks on the folder! It's one of my favorites. I either finished or spa'd 8 folders this week and that is the only one available, the rest are going to a dealer.

Lately I've been finishing up anything I can (lol always have like 100 knives going) but this week is all about starting new knives now... 22 new knives profiled and started up. I'm doing mostly double grinds pre heat treat so busy grinding.

I need to figure out this photo situation! I currently have to download from my phone and re-edit for here, upload to photobucket and it just takes up a lot of knife making time. Time for a new phone I think...

Koa soon! I found a tiny hair in the finish and am redoing it a bit.

I fixed the finish on the Koa (very minor 1500 grit sanding and one more coat of gun stock finish) and I am impressed!

Hellooo.... Anybody here?

Hope you guys are out doin' whatcha do. Full summer here for us. I climbed my first "fourteener" in Colorado, which was a great experience. One of those days where you are just happy to be alive.

D.
Hope you are doing well. Still hoping to see that Koa fighter you have going. Any chance?

Good weekend, all.

TR

Busy at work, like crazy! Someday I'll get back to my garage. I should make something sharp.

Cannot wait to see new pics!

Sup homies, The weather can't decide what to do in Cali, hot hot and then rain. I must admit it was nice riding in the summer rain.
Bobby, sorry man I just saw you post from the 19th.... 90's pssshhh ! haha. Hope you get some shop time soon.
Have a killer weekend y'all!

soccer tournament today with the kiddo. She's 5. When did this become a thing...?

Edit: so, the soccer can only be described as a clump of kids, a ball and a cloud of dust. Zero organization, but I guess that's how they learn. Anyway, out of nowhere my daughter scores 4 goals in the championship game. A legit hat trick, and another that no one can quite figure out what happened. To say mom and dad are proud would be an understatement. Definitely earned her ice cream :D

Have a good week everyone.

Last edited:
Back