1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fairly Knives Photos

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks!

A pressed stop pin is semi- permanently pressed in a hole that is usually .001"-.002" undersized. Generally one side is undersized and the other frame side stop pin hole is .001" over for a slip fit.

A floating pin "floats" in a hole that is usually .001" over the pin size... this allows the pin to move while still indexing the knife. I like to "shoulder in" the pin... imagine a linerlock with pins in the liners and a scale covering them...

I hope that makes sense!

2. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks for explaining that, D .

edit:
    I saw your video and understand what you are talking about now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  3. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Stonewashed Electric Blue and Bronze Nakago!

[​IMG]

4. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    That's one sexy sumbitch!

5. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Right?!!

6. MrDrewBear

MrDrewBear

Aug 5, 2014
    hmm i saw it on IG and thought Daniel was thinking of me when he was doing his ano work

7. johnnyfive

johnnyfive

Apr 29, 2015
    :hypnotysed::hypnotysed: Drooooool

8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Big thanks FBC!

Thanks T!

You know it! :D I've been thinking of you guys...

Big thanks!

9. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    When are these gonna hit, D? Will they be one at a time, or a batch?

Curious minds want to know...

10. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I'm getting really close on a group and got my new belts and tooling in today! :D

I think I'll complete one first then do a sign up... still debating what to do. They will run roughly $250 in all stonewashed with full backspacer and deep carved clip. Most if not all of the hardware will be Titanium. These are coming up soon!

11. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    MEGA!

[​IMG]

12. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    I think the alien in the Terminator had one of those clipped on his webbing belt, right next to the detonator for his self destruct bomb.

I'm kidding - it is not overdone. That thing is... wicked! Beautiful details, dude!

13. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    D, that milling on the spine is most dope!

14. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    4" Blade one off Front Flipper!

[​IMG]

15. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Customized AKS Pivot - these pivots start off "square." I carved, polished, wire brushed and heat colored this one.

[​IMG]

16. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Wicked !

17. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    ^ Much appreciated!

I'm adding some stippling to a milled groove for a more organic look.

[​IMG]

18. ni1s

ni1s Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Perfect companions

[​IMG]

19. Puinsai

Puinsai

Nov 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

20. Lycosa

Lycosa