FAQ's - STRIPPED SCREWS - Good tools can save you much misery!! :)

I just recommended Wiha torx bits on the knife modification and repair area a day or so ago. In fact I was looking on Amazon yesterday and noted that one of their vendors, Micro-Tools, had an incredible buy on Wiha torx bits going on. Packages of 10 bits for under $1.35 per package. The total bill, including shipping, for ten each T6, T8 and T10 bits was $6.30 which I consider an incredible bargain. Should be enough bits in those sizes to last a long time.

jhyde7585: I'm very new to the Forum, so please forgive my ignorance. Are you offering the Composite Blur and the ZT 0350 Composite w/Elmax for sale? If so, I'd be very interested in knowing what you're offering them for. If I've totally misread your intentions, please forgive my oversight. If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant very shortly.
Ghost_ryder_934 (wjtutwiler@cs.com)

Sears stores has very inexpensive sets of drivers with hardened tips. If they ever wear out all you have to do is bring them back and they will give you a new one. A lot easier to deal with a local sears store if you have one. Craftsman hand tools are great for most anyone.

I just picked up a Wiha T6 and T8, excited to use them. I have a Kobalt brand multi-bit changeable driver, and the bits are seemingly made of lead.

Wish I saw this before I bought the "semi"-cheap one, but then again they were cheap, no great loss. Thought the screws were loctited in. Pretty sure I didn't strip them but I never di get them out..Getting some Wiha's!!

It would also help if there wasn't so much loc-tite on the screws. My biggest problem has been with pocket clip scews. I have 3 recent kershaw models and I can't get the clip of all 3. Luckily one is already set to tip up so it's not an issue. On the others it is.

It would also help if there wasn't so much loc-tite on the screws. My biggest problem has been with pocket clip scews. I have 3 recent kershaw models and I can't get the clip of all 3. Luckily one is already set to tip up so it's not an issue. On the others it is.

I second this. Can you use the loctite on ALL the screws a little more conservatively?

Jimmer_5,

Do you recommend the Kershaw Key Chain T-Tool? I got one with my ZT 0360.

ttool_2__760x298.jpg

Last edited:
I also have the kobalt multi driver set and those bits are cheap. I just got the thermite today and wanted to switch to LH tip up carry, but alas the bit was about to go, I hope i didnt strip the screw, but anywho i did order 2 whia drivers, one in a t6 and a t8 so hopefully that will work! :-D

I also have the kobalt multi driver set and those bits are cheap. I just got the thermite today and wanted to switch to LH tip up carry, but alas the bit was about to go, I hope i didnt strip the screw, but anywho i did order 2 whia drivers, one in a t6 and a t8 so hopefully that will work! :-D

Ya it's probably stripped. Mine are. Taking mine to the kershaw factory while I'm up in Portland next week

Ya it's probably stripped. Mine are. Taking mine to the kershaw factory while I'm up in Portland next week

Yeah i think one of em is stripped...I was able to get one out using a friends t6 bit, but the other one is not coming out...ill have to call kershaw on monday...:-(

Back