Far out... Worker with new Delica handle... An invitation to more SKU's

Sal and crew,

I know you folks are trying to reduce SKU's...

So I offer my skewed vision...

My attempts to remove this idea from my head have failed so here it is...

Thus sprach Zarathusra plays, the climax...

Duh duh....

Worker with the new Delica handle.

Duh-duh.....

That way cool Worker blade, sublimely mated in a Zen way with the universal clip and most excellent dual side Volcano grip.

So righteous...

Rock on, Dude and Dudettes...

MDP

P.S. Please do not disrespect me for my desire to act strange at times.

What?

No responses yet?

I must be really far out there...

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, look for it right here at BladeForums.com. The delay has been getting pictures, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures. Knife writer I may be, photographer I am not, yet.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Be Excellent, an Infinite Player

It will be called the...

Worker 2000.

You will be able to sell it in a set with the other Workers like the Evolution set.

Looking forward to the Worker 2000,

Marion David Poff

You go boy.
wink.gif

Sounds nice to me, the blade seems different, more pointy then many, quite nice, I'd like one...plain edge...

------------------
Mark Camp

"Life is nothin' but a series of fascinations"

[This message has been edited by mcfg (edited 19 March 1999).]

Nifty... but with a plain blade please! That' s why my original never saw much use.

L8r,
Nakano

MD: guess who I' ve spent time with at the recent ECCK Show? Guess what he asked concerning his AFCK review?
smile.gif

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Nakano,

I have the feeling you are hounding me....

It will be up, review is done, Spark is going to do pictures, after I send it to him Saturday. You have no idea how bad a photographer I am, what happened to beginner's luck?

Back on topic, So we have 4 for the Worker 2000.

My skewed dream is coming alive.

Rise my son, rise, take your place among the pantheon of Spyderco greatness!!!!!!

Kyle's Mom is a Worker 2000.....

A Spyderco classic with an evolutionary twist, the Worker 2000.

Think About It, All God's Critters Have Knives, your grandma would love a Worker 2000.

A new knife for a new century, Spyderco leaps into 2000, with the Worker 2000.

It is under three inches, the Worker 2000.

Patiently awaiting the Worker 2000,

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, look for it right here at BladeForums.com. The delay has been getting pictures, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures. Knife writer I may be, photographer I am not, yet.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

More on the Worker 2000.

Combining famous Spyderco Fit and Finish with the evolutionary 2nd generation Volcano grip and revolutionary reversible clip the Spyderco of today is reunited with it's roots in the Worker 2000. The blade design having been around since 1981, now in it's synergetic union with the Delica98 handle, the Worker 2000 highlights 19 years of Spyderco success.

News Update: Masses of Spyderco enthusiasts are gathered outside Spyderco's Colorado facility and worldwide dealers clamoring for a glimpse of the Worker 2000. It's introduction is seen by many experts as the perfect knife to usher this groundbreaking company, the company that popularized the thumb hole, clip and serrations, into the 21st century. The Y2K issue was merely a speed-bump for these fans, although some worried that power outages could effect the relese date. There hasn't been this much interest in a knife release since the Spyderco Evolution Edition of 1993 which showcased two versions of the Worker, the original two-screw clip model and the Zowada pattern-welded blade, Kraton inlaid handle, and Kraton augmented clip version. The Worker 2000 is seen as the obvious next step in that trend, and an unconfirmed rumour has it that there may be Spyderco Revolution Edition, combining the Worker 2000 with another highly collectible version of the Spyderco perrenial classic model.

And there is a chant from the fans, low but powerful "Wor-ker two-thousand". They seem to be singing it to the tune of Kum-ba-ya.

Big Smile, I can wait a year, for a Worker 2000.

MDP
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

c01.gif

11p98.jpg

Pardon me, just dreaming about the Worker 2000.

Not that the New Merlin is going to be anything to scoff at, my sister is going to get one.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Marion David Poff (edited 18 March 1999).]

Someone needs to up MDP's meds...or cut them drastically. I've not decided which.
wink.gif
The most disturbing thing is that we know him to possess many pointy, sharp objects.
wink.gif

And for those of you who may not have gotten the original joke:

Thus Sprach Zarathustra is more commonly known as the theme to '2001: a Space Odyssey' or the music Elvis used to use to take the stage (presumably in his bloated, polyester jumpsuit and rhinestone stud days).

It makes his first post so much more amusing if you hum along.

Cheerio,
Mike

------------------
The conclusive proof of my reasoning is the fact that I shall cut anyone who argues further into dogmeat.

-Sir Geoffrey De Tourneville

And us~~~the folks plugging away here inside
the SpyderWeb..looking out the windows to see what all the chanting is about.....whispering to ourselves.."Man, these guys are nuts!" And relenting to spend a lunch hour indoors,
rather than face the crowd, trying to dash through like a union member crossing a picket line..."Stop, please! I don't know anything! We don't have any Worker 2000's!" Running to our cars to escape the madness.....

Danelle

------------------
Sometimes you don't realize how much you have,
until you see that someone else wants it...

Danelle, But then you see the downtrodden look on the faces of the fans, and the men getting down in the dirt all around and you say "OK OK OK OK, we'll look into making them, but disperse right now and go through proper channels, that is if you want to have any chance of getting a Worker 2000."

You walk to your car mumbling "Worker 2000 Another stinking handful of SKU's, and they will probably want it in a special serration pattern, and different handle colors, bloody ELU's"

But as the fans leave, they chant lowly, "W2K W2K W2K W2K W2K W2K "

I don't mind waiting for a Worker 2000
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------

But it is good madness.

Good madness to think of the Worker 2000.

Good madness to make the Worker 2000.

Good madness to own the Worker 2000.

Good madness to collect the Worker 2000.

Good madness to give the Worker 2000 to friends.

Good madness to give the Worker 2000 to family.

Worker 2000=GOOD

YESSSSS, VERY GOOOOOOOOD.

I can hardly wait, for the..... Worker 2000!! !! !!

And just to clear the air, my doctor says he does the best with me he can.

No meds, but a Worker 2000 would help silence the voices or so they say (sideways glance).

------------------

Poff Daddy has gone round the bend, yo.

Danelle, I think you folks at Spyderco just better give the man what he wants.
wink.gif

Me? I'll be happy if the Rescue continues to be made in emergency orange. See? I'm easy.

Mike
wink.gif

------------------
The conclusive proof of my reasoning is the fact that I shall cut anyone who argues further into dogmeat.

And yes, that post was completely pointless...but it DID put me over the top to Member Status.

BTW, Poffy? What are you going to do if Spyderco desides not to market this design?
wink.gif

Mike *sewing dissention*

------------------

Coronach,

Congrats on Member status.

Poff Daddy has many sharp things, so straitjacket is bad idea, no good.

I am winning first by knowing that Spyderco will see the beauty of my idea, and produce the Worker 2000. If they do not, then so be it, I will content myself with the most excellent matter separators that Spyderco is kind enough to make, like BladeForums Natives, and Matriarchs, and plain Goddard ltwts, and Pink Delicas , and SpydeRechs, and Lum Chinese Choppers with Rolling Locks, and BDC Militarys with carbon fiber handles. But the Worker 2000, will be a perfect adition to that great crowd.

By the way, Rescue orange is the color I suggested for the Matriarchs.....

If they refuse to make it, well then I may remeber that you were the first to have the bad luck to suggest that it not be made, and then I might remember your quote and may the better man win... "The conclusive proof of my reasoning is the fact that I shall cut anyone who argues further into dogmeat."

Kidding obviously,

------------------

MDP,
Why don't ya buy one of each and get a custom maker to build your Worker 2000?? Pop some rivets, swap the blades, and POOF!!! WORKER 2000!!!!
smile.gif

Blades

I may do that Blades, but then not everyone would get the pleasure of the Worker 2000.

I mean, this could be the knife, or at least a knife, and you would love to have a Worker 2000, wouldn't you?

Worker 2000 with pink handles sell it to professional seamstresses.
Worker 2000 with ivory handles, sell them to tailrs.
Worker 2000 with green handles, sell them to gardners, and hikers and anybody who like green.
Worker 2000 with orange handles to net makers and fishermen and women.
Worker 2000 with yellow handles for sportspeople.
Worker 2000 with black handles to everyone.
Worker 2000

Yeah,

------------------

Back