Far out... Worker with new Delica handle... An invitation to more SKU's

MDP, I' ll walk a mile for you. Now its only 997. Countdown continue...

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

OK Sal, you might as well make them, they seem to not be giving up!!LOL....The numbers are growing. Actually, it would be a sweet knife. The Worker is a classic! I'm sure I'd buy one or two..Seem to have more Spydies that any other!
This WORKER 2000 is posted everywhere, MARION!!
wink.gif

Marion David Poff:

Your zeal for the Worker 2000 is inspiring. If only we could harness your energy for some useful purpose!

Now, here's what I propose: Go over to the Benchmade Forum, leap up onto a table, fire a pistol shot into the ceiling, and call for a flat-ground drop point Styker with axis lock and M2 steel. Oh, and have them throw in a million dollars in unmarked, non-sequential twenty-dollar bills.

David Rock

David, you are a tribute to our name. But on the subject of the Benchmade Forum, no luck, I have no where near the zeal, inspiration or enthusiasm for their products. Their business decisions have left me cold, I will own an Axis but that is their only product that even remotely interests me besides the AFCK's and they built that on the frame of the Spyderco Police model with the Spyderco hole. But thank you for the support. Are you in for the Worker 2000, maybe we could give it a Spanish nickname for ya....

Bman, thank you for your support, I am sure you will enjoy the utility inherent in the Worker 2000 when you receive yours.

Doc4570, I stopped taking my meds, they left me drooling in front of an Etch a Sketch too often, I need all my spare time to promote the Worker 2000. Are you in for one? They will be great for splitting pills to increase your patients doses, by the way, you know any good shrinks.....

Nakano, Thank you my brother for walking with me, that is all one human can ask of another. I walk with you. With Worker 2000's in our pockets. Maybe when I get over to Bob Kaspers Kni-Com seminar you can show me around the Apple.

Jim my man, I feel like an old timer with you around here. I will make you a deal, I will buy one of your MegaFolders if you will buy one of the Worker 2000's. I will scare bag guys away with my Jim March MegaFolder and you can keep the sheep placid with a Worker 2000. Also I give your MegaFolder concept plugs/props if you will give the Worker 2000 plugs/props. I'll even help you figure out who is going to make it and how we are going to get them to make it. What do you say? E-mail me and we can conspire....

Dana V, Ivory is going to be most excellent, but a black Worker 2000 will do the job too. What are your thoughts on Burgundy or Brown?

Coronach, when you get yours, just think... You can say "I ridiculed this guy mercilessly, but he just kept on coming like the Energizer Spyder..." And I will be proud to have a Worker 2000 in your very funny pocket.

------------------
Check out the future possible Spyderco Worker 2000 www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000224.html

One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures, look for it right here at BladeForums.com.

Marion David Poff ska Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"A journey of a thousand miles begins but with a single step" Lao-Tzu

[This message has been edited by Marion David Poff (edited 22 March 1999).]

Now now now, I was not ridiculing you
smile.gif
Well, okay, I was. But in a nice way. I also took a playful swipe at Walt, who is probably even now looking for a bell tower near my house and a good deal on a high powered rifle.

As to a W2K? Hell. If that thing gets made, I would feel honour-bound to purchase one.
smile.gif
In truth, I have not handled one of the new Delicas, nor have I ever seen a Worker. But the worker blade DOES seem neat and the Delica handle is, by all accounts, good. So...seems like a logical move to me. I hope Sal can afford to do it.

So add me to the list of converts. I'll buy one. Heck, my wife thinks Spydercos 'look pretty,' so I'll buy her one, too.
wink.gif

Mike

------------------
And in the Captain's chambers
they're gathered for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives
but they just can't kill the beast

M. D. Poff:

You want ideas on how to promote the W2K? Start pretending like it's already slated for production. You know how people are always bugging Spyderco about the new stuff that's coming out, but nobody knows when? (Sal, where's my Lum?. Sal, where's my Starmante? Sal, where's my Chinese Folder? Sal, where's my Martial? Sal, where's my Mini-Military? Sal, where's my flat-ground titanium Police?)

Questions such as these help stir up artificial demand for knives that most people wouldn't want all that much if they were left to form their own opinions.

All you need to do is get a rumor started. Start posting questions in this forum and elsewhere about spurious release dates ("I'd sure like to get mine before the year 2,000. Let me know if I should shop elsewhere for Christmas this year." Post a reference to some apocryphal photos reputedly seen at Knifecenter.com (with non-functional hypertext links to add a measure of credibility). Ask if the protopyes are going to be available for purchase, and when, and for how much. Find out how R & D is coming along on the new blade coating for the W2K. Etc., etc. Eventually people will get used to the idea that there is a nifty knife in the works. No one will know what's so great about it, but they'll get in line anyway and find out later.

You've got to market this thing the way they marketed Pet Rocks, Tickle-Me Elmo and the Spice Girls.

David Rock

Heck. I thought thats what he *was* doing.

But yeah, you're right. I suppose he could take out a few full-page adds in knife magazines, with airbrushed photos and such. Poffy? Just how into this ARE you?

Is this like some demented version of Wag the Dog, or what?
smile.gif

Mike

PS what would that be? Stab the Dog?

PPS That giant throbbing sound you hear is that vein in Sal Glesser's temple. *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*

------------------
And in the Captain's chambers
they're gathered for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives
but they just can't kill the beast

Coronach, you need to keep your humour safely sheathed, it is a weapon, I was laughing so hard I started drooling, or is that from the "vitamins" the nurse gave me this morning. I would take an ad out, but the home doesn't have that kind of money for one patient to use and I can't guarantee the investment.

David, I am attempting a version of that, but I want to walk a fine line between pissing Sal/Spyderco off and getting it done, I want to be able to meet him at a show and not have him and the whole Spyder crew stab me with their looks, or their Worker 2000's.

Thank you for the support, with great Forumites like you and Spyderco together, the Worker 2000 will be made.

MDP

I'm all for the W2k. I find the stainless steel handles way too slippery for my mitts, and a nice Zytel handle would be ideal.

As far as Senior Poff (sorry..Senior members are gonna get ragged on, as they must have a worse knife addiction than I do) goes, he'll be lucky if Spyderco doesn't hunt him down and staple him to the wall with the 4 prototype W2ks.

-Dan

dbruns, you are now a Senor Member so here's to you you getting ribbed. And you are so right about steel being slippery and cold and heavy... Zytel will make the Worker 2000 a classic, just like the original. And if they staple me to the wall with W2K's could they make the number six of them? 3 ivory Worker 2000's, two plain one serrated and 3 burgundy Worker 2000's, one serrated and two plain?

MDP waiting for the W2K hoping it will be ASAP.

I don't mind being ribbed about being a Senior Member, Mr. Poff, you young whippersnapper. Don't make me thwap you with my aluminum walker.
wink.gif

My first Spyderco (a police) was stainless steel handled...and now I really want one in G10. The handle is too slippery for me to carry it all the time. I'm much more at ease with a G10 or micarta.

MDP, I'm not entirely sure whether they'll go through the bother of actually numbering knives when they're only going to hang you from a wall with 'em.
wink.gif

Well, hopefully they will if they do, that way I get the knives and it only cost me some penetrating trauma... Better than no Worker 2000!!

MDP

Folks,

Why wait
smile.gif
! I nominate this thread for most humorous...no, wildest custom proposal to a commercial knifemaker for 1999...er... no, most millenium infested thread of 1999!! Yeah!

Spark, please take note.

Actually I like it
smile.gif
, as they only allow me rubber blades with my day pass
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

bald1,

Are you in line for a Worker 2000 too?

Thank you for the nomination.

Maybe it will help with getting the knife made, kind of a BladeForums Comedy Knife.

MDP

Marion,
I have been lurking on this thread for a while and I love it. I especially like Mr. Coronach's knack at writing humorous posts.

My son's first serious knife was a Worker and you know what? I would be proud to have a MDP Worker 2000 if that dream ever came to existance.

America. The land where dreams can come true.

The thread lives on!

------------------
~Greg~

Marion -
Eric said he'd grind a Delica into a Worker for you. Please Email him for details.
sal

Hey....I think it was my post that did it for ya!!!
smile.gif

------------------
~Greg~

Back