FAT 4v Kwaiken with sharkey hotpants

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
I really like the way this one turned out. I started this before Blade Show, thinking for sure I'd be able to squeeze it out beforehand and have something to carry at the show. True to my methods, fat chance with that!!!!

It's a chunky lil' monkey, that's for sure. the .280" (!!!) thick Crucible CPM-4v blade is 4" long, ground to near-zero at the edge, and has a beveled spine. The bocote under the wrap is from a block I scored from my brother Don Andrade, and I incorporated a sliver of it in the ultrasuede-lined aluminum sheath, which is covered in a great piece of shark skin, to tie it all together.

The slightly hourglass-shaped handle was tapered under the wood and tsukaito wrap to try and shave a bit of unnecessary weight from this stout little pig, but it's still PHAT, weighing in at ten ounces. Even using the word 'unnecessary' seems unnecessary in this context, as there's just no way to justify this much steel in such a tiny package, but it's cute as a button, and I wuv it.

36544069456_e141b679b3_c.jpg

Thanks for looking, gang!

Very nice.

You should name it "Fatty McKnife Face" :rolleyes:

y'know, for a genre within custom cutlery where there is a pretty ubiquitous look, knife to knife and regardless of maker, this one definitely is different. There's a lot more going on here than making faxes- a depth of focus not common among the majority. This is a very good sign, imo. You'll do alright, kid :)

I always look forward to you sharing your work here. Ya never disappoint with your cleanliness, attention to detail, and style!

This one's no exception, I love it man!

~Paul
My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

I love the work you turn out Matt I just wish I had seen some of it in the flesh last year at Blade. That really is a beautiful piece.

Back