Favorite Leatherman for EDC?

Discuss.

Mines the Super Tool 300. Built like a tank and not afraid i'll break it it. A little heavier than some but takes up little belt space.

As an electrician I carry a wave. Mainly because I had some credit at home depot and they carry that model there. So far its come in handy when I take my tool belt off and I'm crawling around in someone's attic praying that I don't slip and fall through their ceiling, and it just so happens I need a tool that I didn't stick in my cargo pocket.

I don't normally EDC a Leatherman, or a plier-based tool of any kind. As loathe as I am to admit, I am a desk jockey who doesn't get away from my desk that much.

I carry a Charge TTI when doing projects and honey-does on the weekend, and it comes in handy frequently enough that I don't relegate it to 'the Bin'. It was my first multitool, and continues to be my favorite. I arguably have better built and more rugged ones, but the Charge is my go-to.

Over time I accumulated several. All of them get used (and loved :)), but my ONE is a Charge TTi. It's just too versatile.

My EDC is a Juice S2. It is relatively small and fits in my jeans pocket with my other junk. When I'm going somewhere that I think I might actually need the tool I carry a Charge.

I've owned an original Leatherman PST for a long time, and a backup Gerber. I carry the Leatherman PST when I travel to a destination with questionable knife laws.

And BTW on 2 separate occasions I've been out in the middle of nowhere with friends in one of their vehicles and had to use my PST to repair the vehicle so we could make it back to town.

Mine was a Leatherman core for the longest time,
then for a while a regular wave.
And now its a super tool 300.
i love the jaws on that thing they are fantastic!

Wingman, love the pocket clip, and the locking blade. Comfortable and fits in the pocket nicely.

I don't normally EDC a Leatherman, or a plier-based tool of any kind. As loathe as I am to admit, I am a desk jockey who doesn't get away from my desk that much.

I'm in the same situation. I went from working in the field as a steamfitter, to taking the position of a draftsman, which has me in front of a computer all day. You should get yourself a Leatherman PS4 and drop it in your pocket. I don't even notice mine, but it has come in handy a few times.

Kick. Cheap, light, all the tools I use, nothing I don't. Can also be fitted with a pocket clip and bit extension + the Charges bit kit to expand it's use.

Hi!

My Leatherman EDC is the old freestyle CX - very nice 154 blade and pliers, operating like a somewhat bulky folder. Here it is amongst my typical EDC gear sitting in my Maxpedition MPB:

original.jpg

And here's a little composition of my very CX:

original.jpg

Of all my multitools, including the SOG pliers in the img above as well as my LM Supertool, the CX is the only one that's constantly in my pocket!

Regards,
Alex

Oh wow, you have the Creative Zen Vision M? I miss mine so much... It broke, I went to a Zone, that broke. Now I've got an iPod..

My EDC is the Charge AL, and a CF Blur. The Charge is fantastic, it really is. I hate going anywhere without it, and even I technically have a desk job, I use it every day.

Hi!

Sticktodrum, I seem to have a lucky hand with old tech, since my age old Motorola V3 is also running like a charm with it's very first and original battery (my backup phone). Besides the big one I also hang on to a ZEN. I really like them both and can relate to what you said. ;)

Regards,
Alex

I bought a Leatherman New Wave and the extra pocket clip for EDC but it's a bit large and heavy for that. Dug around a bit and ordered a Leatherman Sidekick. Just got it today but it feels like it's going to work out better and still have all the tools I want. And the spring-loaded pliers are awesome.

Back