Feedback Problem

I believe the buyer has to post within your sales thread, I could be wrong though

Okay thanks that makes sense... I guess. I'm able to leave feedback for some and not others. It definitely looks like the members that didn't post on the thread can't get feedback. Overall great website, but some features on this site are overly complex and not very user friendly.

I guess it takes some to get used too all the new features. I remember I received the same message as the buyer when I did not post inside the sales thread. As a seller I will recommend a post within the sales thread even some some of negotiation is done through emails.

I just ran into this issue. So is this confirmed that there is no way to leave feedback for a buyer unless they post in the thread? I just finished a deal, that the knife went from NY to FL to the Netherlands, so it took a while. The thread was locked down because of chatter. Anyway, it's not the big a deal but it would be a shame to not be able to leave a good buyer a positive point. Here's the thread and error message...

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fs-crk-startac-wilson-combat-umnumzaan.1501512/

The message doesn't really make sense considering I started the thread.
"Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread."

I don't know specifically about the message but it's unlocked now.

I've run into the same issue, completed a transaction via PM outside the thread (user didn't want to post a bunch of questions and trade offer in the thread) and now neither of us can leave feedback for the other. Any way around this? A bit of a pain to have the other party go back and have to post in the thread so you and they can leave feedback.

I've run into the same issue, completed a transaction via PM outside the thread (user didn't want to post a bunch of questions and trade offer in the thread) and now neither of us can leave feedback for the other. Any way around this? A bit of a pain to have the other party go back and have to post in the thread so you and they can leave feedback.

As far as I know there is no way around this, it's just part of the new software.

I just got the same message. I am trying to leave feedback for the guy who started the thread...

upload_2017-7-12_12-44-4.pngupload_2017-7-12_12-44-4.png

It makes sense that only clearly visible sales can have feedback left, that way it eliminates the hidden sales' ability to affect one's trader rating, hindering false or improper feedback to be left.

If the seller or the buyer actually wants feedback they have every ability to make it happen as long as they keep the sale publicly visible, if you take it private you forfeit feedback for the sake of privacy.

It makes sense that only clearly visible sales can have feedback left, that way it eliminates the hidden sales' ability to affect one's trader rating, hindering false or improper feedback to be left.

If the seller or the buyer actually wants feedback they have every ability to make it happen as long as they keep the sale publicly visible, if you take it private you forfeit feedback for the sake of privacy.

Yep, makes sense.

Back