Fiddleback Model Specs w/ pic reference/comparison

Haha, thanks guys! I'm crazy for FB knives, can't get enough of all the pics every one posts (I look forward to adding my own once I get home,) had a blast collecting all the info. I've been meaning to do it forever, I'm very happy everyone is enjoying it!!

@ blood604:

Speaking of minor edits... Your second picture of the Woodpecker is actually with a Bushnub II (w/guard) not a Bushnub (guard-less).

This is very impressive. There's a few models that I didn't know existed.

Thanks for the effort.

@ blood604:

Speaking of minor edits... Your second picture of the Woodpecker is actually with a Bushnub II (w/guard) not a Bushnub (guard-less).

Good eye!! Thanks PolRoger

This is very impressive. There's a few models that I didn't know existed.

Thanks for the effort.

I as well, or some that id heard of but hadn't see before... Was one of the reason I wanted to throw this up, so new and old could see all the goodies at once!

Last edited:
What a helpful and useful post! Thank you so much!

A couple of minor edits:

-- I think Andy said when he was designing the Big Mitt that it was going to be in the Kephart family.
-- My Bushcraft Karda handle is 4.75", which I think is about average.
-- The Camp Muk I owned had a handle that was 5.334" long. I don't know if that's because it's way out of normal range or whether handles of other Camp Muks are also sometimes that long.
-- The Woodsman I own has a handle that's 5.314" long. As with Camp Muk, I don't know if that's within range or not. I do know that another Woodsman out there has a handle 5.250" long.

I have two Dukes... Regarding the handle lengths... One measured ~ 4-7/8" and the other ~ 5.0"

I wish I kept better track of my references, I can't recall which post got the 5.5" Duke blade length, but I'll add your measurement to the spreadsheet. Do you have handle specs I could add too?

What a helpful and useful post! Thank you so much!

A couple of minor edits:

-- I think Andy said when he was designing the Big Mitt that it was going to be in the Kephart family.
-- My Bushcraft Karda handle is 4.75", which I think is about average.
-- The Camp Muk I owned had a handle that was 5.334" long. I don't know if that's because it's way out of normal range or whether handles of other Camp Muks are also sometimes that long.
-- The Woodsman I own has a handle that's 5.314" long. As with Camp Muk, I don't know if that's within range or not. I do know that another Woodsman out there has a handle 5.250" long.

Yeah that's what I think is part of the beauty of all the Fiddlebacks, each is unique in more ways than just the materials used... I have two kephart and one has a handle a lot longer than the others, and it my fav!! I hope to get all the specs as close as I can, but since each model can be differ from another of the same it will never be perfect. I still hope it gives every one a good idea of hat to expect. I will add that to original posting too... A disclaimer :D

And now that you said that, the big mitt does look like a kephart

I wish I kept better track of my references, I can't recall which post got the 5.5" Duke blade length, but I'll add your measurement to the spreadsheet. Do you have handle specs I could add too?

The blade lengths for my two samples were both ~ 5-1/2"... The measurement posted above are for handle lengths from ~ 4.875" to ~ 5.0"

Some scale handle material can stretch further into the guard/ricasso area then others.

The blade lengths for my two samples were both ~ 5-1/2"... The measurement posted above are for handle lengths from ~ 4.875" to ~ 5.0"

Some scale handle material can stretch further into the guard/ricasso area then others.

Awesome, thanks, sorry I missed it the first time... You said 'handle'

Last edited:
Dude!!!! This is a great post. Seeing the list of all the different knives boggles the mind. I'm glad there weren't that many when I started getting into fiddlebacks. I would have never been able to decide. This post will make it much easier for folks now.

Thanks for putting this together and well done!!

Wow. This is an incredible compilation. Thank you so much for doing all of this. I have just bookmarked this as a reference. It's tremendously helpful. Excellent. Excellent. I'm almost speechless.

Wow, this is crazy awesome! Thanks for doing the work. :thumbup: Also, I do believe I own 4 of the knives pictured. :D

Amazing! Thanks for putting this together.
I gathered most of the info I needed from the one with all the pictures on graph paper from a while back, but it's great to have it so organized and concise.
I don't know where you found the time.

Is it possible you inverted the blade and handle lengths on the Forager? I don't have one, but I found a couple sites listing it with 6.25" blade - and in the pics the blade does look longer than the handle.

Back