Fiddleback on Tap Saturdays

Thanks guys! A toast to Jackson Allen Howard! One of the most recent additions to the Tennessee hillbilly population, and my new nephew :)

20160827_215624_zpswgnib4cp.jpg

Cheers to Jackson and all the family. Ill be in middle TN in a few weeks if you want a toast in person!

Lots of gorgeous scenic spots in Highlands, NC. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit there in June after the Blade Show along with Mr. & Mrs. Prom52. Besides all the scenic spots and good food, there are an abundance of fantastic background settings for amazing knife photos. Definitely a place to visit again down the road.

Thanks for sharing the photo and reminder of that special place.

Phil

Get away weekend up to an Inn in Highlands, NC.

PolRoger:

Highlands, NC is definitely a special place especially when you can share it with a loved one or special friends. The time we shared with Phil & his wife back in June was filled with great memories. In fact, I'm thinking of taking my wife back up for a few days later this week as part of her extended B-Day celebration. She has somehow persuaded me to make it a week long celebration, rather than a one day event. I guess that's the price of owning "more than a few" knives....it should be fun !

Glad to hear you got a chance to enjoy it's small town charm.

Peter

@Phil/Peter-

First time visit to Highlands NC... My in laws are at home with my two children and my wife and I came up to the Old Edwards Inn and Spa for the long weekend. My wife likes to do spa treatments and the Inn is very nice. It should be a pleasant stay.

Well...it was still Saturday when I took the shot. A little 1554 to celebrate a few hours of much needed rain tonight.

20160910_234408_zpsrc3b1as9.jpg

Ok, so this is from yesterday evening...but I did wait till Saturday to post :) Decided to try something new, and it's not bad.

WOW! MISTWALKER--the patina on that knife is amazing. That looks like an old-school blade a fellow has carried, used, and loved for decades! I'm curious, did you force it, or is it real-world patina?

WOW! MISTWALKER--the patina on that knife is amazing. That looks like an old-school blade a fellow has carried, used, and loved for decades! I'm curious, did you force it, or is it real-world patina?

It looks darker in that lighting than it really was. But just lots of food prep as a I studied the Recluse model in different uses.

DSC_7015_zpst6dzast5.jpg

To answer your question, yes, the cork went straight into the fire.

a9f95a68b60adb9e260dc7bea7b66ea9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back