Fiddleback User Pics

6a170e3d647a2aea676670cf41b9aa34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She's a beaut, Douglas. A Patch?

Well...how do you like the design? :)

Phil
Hello Phil, I'm going to spend another week carrying it...my first impressions are that it reminds me of a larger version of an Esquire, it feels very good in my hand and is sturdy. I like the weight of this one even as I was reminded that this one is a heavier version than his other 4, which I have taken in to account. Last weekend I took it camping [first weekend off since September] but that trip got disrupted due to severe storms...I've not yet put it to use in the kitchen...but that's coming tomorrow. It's typical of me I suppose to first see how any blade fares in my kitchen, and then next as an outdoor utility tool, which I don't get much time to do. Ultimately it's on my long list of blades to acquire [which is getting shorter every week]. and finally I am constantly reminded of the rare camaraderie and integrity that occurs here almost if not every day. That is heartening in this day and age.

The patch makes for a truly great everything knife. Good hunter, mini chef, Bushcrafter, but yet small enough to EDC. One of the best designs that Andy makes

Brother from a different mother

2372321c258dfdd07238458099b94b8e.jpg

What a great looking Patch knife. The Philellow and black is one of the more attractive burlap handle combos out there. Now the Patch never did it for me personally, though I do love the Recluse, but I dig that Patch purely on looks.
6a170e3d647a2aea676670cf41b9aa34.jpg

What a great looking Patch knife. The Philellow and black is one of the more attractive burlap handle combos out there. Now the Patch never did it for me personally, though I do love the Recluse, but I dig that Patch purely on looks.

Hey Danny As of this morning I remain completely undecided about how I feel about the Patch as a go to blade. That said, It feels really comfortable in the hand, aesthetically I like the color combo which seems unlikely since Philellow NEVER appealed to me on screen. It's sturdy and has a weight to it that assures me it's reliable in most any circumstance.

For better or worse, I seem to have succumbed to the inevitable learning curve that seems to come with hanging out here on BF. I never set out to acquire a collection. But I was and remain drawn to handmade things of exceptional quality. So here I sit with the Patch, [and around 70 other knives] which I'll carry for the next several days, before I send it back to it's generous owner. I'll try to learn what Andy intended when he created and/or improved this design.

Back