Fiddleback User Pics

Bmurry, I admire your admiration of the scandi-grind. Those are some fine knives.

Love that Cricket, Douglas. Got to try me some Yerba Maté one of these days too.

Hey DeSales, I put the Cricket through some culinary paces last night and will likely do a review on it. Sweet blade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Danny As of this morning I remain completely undecided about how I feel about the Patch as a go to blade. That said, It feels really comfortable in the hand, aesthetically I like the color combo....

... I'll try to learn what Andy intended when he created and/or improved this design.

Is there an "old school" Patch? or is the current edition the only FF one going? Just curious.

I have a love-puzzleme relationship with my own Patch knife. [No way it's "love-hate"!]

My Patch, 1/8" SFT, remains the most intuitively comfortable of my current selection, and the colors are spot-on.

IMG_5400.jpg~original

Every time I handle and use it, it's like coming home. And yet, and yet.

I think my eyes get in the way? I expect a Hiking Buddy or Bushnub blade, somehow, even though the Patch's blade and tip orientation always make sense (and I don't wish for anything else) once I get to the using.

IMG_3703.jpg~original

(Thanks again, NBrackett, for the HB trial run!)

An odd zephyr of ambivalence over a knife that suits me so well.

People are funny. :)

~ P.

⬆️⬆️
I completely agree with your assessment of the patch. I have one and enjoy the blade, but one of my hiking buddies seems to beat the patch into my pocket.
I need to give that patch another go because it is a nice and comfortable blade.

5/32 hiking buddy a few weeks ago on a camping trip out to the Deschutes River.

With all that being said I am seriously considering getting a Scandi grind hiking buddy. I think that and a convex ground bushfinger would be an awesome camping/outdoor combination.

Last edited:
Filled our turkey tags at first light this morning! Doesn't normally happen like that, we had some good luck, but we also worked pretty hard for it. :thumbup:

I dressed out my turkey with the Bushfinger, it was awesome. A pretty cool way to break in a new knife!

tGwBQOWl.jpg

h9Cw6Pll.jpg

Thanks guys! Here are a couple more. I'm on the right and my best buddy Steve is on the left, plus the Bushfinger after the work! Got a little patina started already!

t6li0Zsl.jpg

h9MQSMpl.jpg

Thanks guys! Here are a couple more. I'm on the right and my best buddy Steve is on the left, plus the Bushfinger after the work! Got a little patina started already!

t6li0Zsl.jpg

h9MQSMpl.jpg

Nice hunt! Those look bigger than our Rio Grande turkey here

PK at work,
Chicken livers cleaning for pate

Onion & garlic

Pate in vessels, clarified butter waiting to be melted and poured over pat, PK overlooking it's efforts

12" machete and production Bushfinger on DIY duty today.
9a7306dfa2703977226551d07bf19930.jpg

Your not going to want to part with that patch, so I'll have one for you when ready. ;)

Back