Fiddleback User Weekend May 5-7, Hiawassee, GA - Schedule Posted

Do we get to kill and butcher our own meat......? See a lot of steak in that last pic.

Do we get to kill and butcher our own meat......? See a lot of steak in that last pic.

Definitely not opposed to it and we will be doing training for snare and trap making. Plenty of little critters around. Unfortunately, no pigs or chickens in the barn at the moment. The cows are off limits.

I can't stress it enough. Make sure you bring a notebook and pen/pencil. I will provide a lot of information and there is only so much you'll be able to retain. Learning to scribe is part of building your own field manual. Video taking is fine but it doesn't allow you to install the information in an effective manner. You'll retain it better if you write it.

Heck, was hoping to see a pit with sticks drive to get one of them buffalers'. (Snares for a critter that big are cumbersome to set)

We are less than one month away. Any lingering gear questions? I just ran a bushcraft weekend here in CT and worked out some very good instructional units. You guys will have a good time, I promise!

Kev

Super excited! I've started gathering things off of my packing list from around the house. Hopefully I have my new Kifaru bag by the time this rolls around. :D

If any of you guys have CRK folders, would you be willing to bring them? Have been thinking of buying one and would like to check some out firsthand.

Also, I am planning on bringing more than a few extras knives, packs, etc for sale or trade. I figure it would be easier to sell in person and not worry about shipping, etc. You guys planning on doing some buying/selling/trading??

If any of you guys have CRK folders, would you be willing to bring them? Have been thinking of buying one and would like to check some out firsthand.

Also, I am planning on bringing more than a few extras knives, packs, etc for sale or trade. I figure it would be easier to sell in person and not worry about shipping, etc. You guys planning on doing some buying/selling/trading??
that sounds like a good idea.

ill bring some "stuff"

Southern Gent Southern Gent maybe send out an email mentioning this, if it's been covered before Disregard

Hopefully I have my new Kifaru bag by the time this rolls around. :D
In the same boat bag wise. Been searching for a Friluft 35 Lappland for years. One just popped up and should arrive next week.

I'll have a few CRK's for sale/trade along with a bunch of other items.....

In the same boat bag wise. Been searching for a Friluft 35 Lappland for years. One just popped up and should arrive next week.

From Fjallraven?

That's a good looking bag. I'm a big fan of their pants.

I've been trying to decide which Kifaru day/travel/quick overnight pack to get for a few months now. I was pretty sold on the 14r, but then they went and decided to do a limited run of their Scout pack which is a large lumbar bag. So I had to get one of those first haha.

Just got the shipping email, should be here in the next few days! :thumbsup:

Nice call on the scout. I have an older one i picked up used for cheap. In my limited use it clearly takes the stress off your shoulders and placed the load on your hips. I will probably bring my x ray.

you guys and your fancy packs:p
...Says Mr. Isle Royale ;)

I'll be brining a handful of CRKs along with some other folders, saws, axes...Will be a great testing ground for all sorts of products.

Per my last email that went out. Buying, selling and trading are encouraged. Will be a big part of the fun. Also, there will be some new knives making their way up from Cumming for purchase as well.

Back