Fiddleback User Weekend May 5-7, Hiawassee, GA - Schedule Posted

Nice call on the scout. I have an older one i picked up used for cheap. In my limited use it clearly takes the stress off your shoulders and placed the load on your hips. I will probably bring my x ray.

That's awesome! I'm excited to get the Scout, it arrives today. I do a lot of quick afternoon, or day trips for fishing, mushrooming, or just to get out, so I think it'll be perfect for that. We'll see!

I definitely still plan on picking up a 14'r at some point.

I plan on bringing all five of my FB knives, but I'm limited on what I can bring for trading since I'll be flying in. Probably going to bring some cash... :D

Last edited:
I can't believe this is less than two weeks away! I'm super excited, but have been working my butt off lately to be able to break away for this event. I think this calls for a new hammock over the old tent. Which leads me to my next comment.... This trip has become very bad for my bank account. :rolleyes:
Although, I am very anxious to see the assortment of cutlery on display for sale or trade. :cool:

I think this calls for a new hammock over the old tent. Which leads me to my next comment.... This trip has become very bad for my bank account. :rolleyes:

I have been avoiding doing the same but it has been hard. ;) I just keep convincing myself to bring all my old stuff and only after actually seeing some of the other, newer stuff in use will I decide if it is time for updates. It has been tough though since I don't typically need much encouragement (or excuse) to chase the new and the shiny. :)

I still can't decide which system to bring! Hammock or bivy... at least I know which tarp I bringing... I think.

I'm excited to run this pack for the weekend! Should be set up just about like this, with maybe one more pouch on the left belt. The right belt is reserved for my knife! :thumbsup:

qt6u8nSl.jpg

I'm excited to run this pack for the weekend! Should be set up just about like this, with maybe one more pouch on the left belt. The right belt is reserved for my knife! :thumbsup:

qt6u8nSl.jpg

That's a really nice pack! What model is that?

That's a really nice pack! What model is that?

Mike,

It's a Kifaru Scout in ranger green with a small belt pouch and a Nalgene pouch. The Scout is an old pack model that they've discontinued, it's a large lumbar style pack, 1300ci according to the website. Kifaru did a limited run of them a few weeks ago to fill some demand they've had to bring back that model and I was lucky enough to snag one early. They still have some medium belt size multicam ones in stock it looks like, but that will be the last of them for the foreseeable future unless you can find a used one!

https://store.kifaru.net/scout-1300ci213-liters-p51.aspx

They make a bunch of really cool small EDC or day sized packs. I plan on picking up a 14'r at some point. Every single item I own from Kifaru is awesome, definitely worth the high price tag. Made in American with Headquarters in Denver, Colorado. My hunting pack setup is the most comfortable pack I've ever owned, and it'll easily carry more weight than my legs can handle. :thumbsup:

Need to get my stuff together as well, bringing my tent mahal and hoping for good weather as well. Still need snare wire and saw blade with wing nuts and bolts. Going to HD for both this weekend.

Hmmm, luckily I don't put too much faith in extended weather reports. It will determine which means of transportation i choose to get there though, so I am hoping it will be clear.

I'm bringing maybe a 1/2 dozen knives for selling or trading and Adam has two. Also a few little trinket giveaways

For everyone attending this weekend please check your email for a very important update. Love the gear shot Orion! everyone should post one before they leave. I'd love too, but I think I would need to get up on a ladder to get it all in one shot.

Hey everyone. I'm all packed for this weekend and I'm going to show you just how much information can be jam-packed into a weekend.

Prior to the event, take a look at my most recent blog for Andy's site. You'll see the survival training you will experience this weekend is part of a larger endeavor, the roots of good habits, and more of a lifestyle than a hobby.

You'll see my teaching style is largely hands on but there are some topics that need to be lecture based. As I mentioned to Justen, I plan on starting on time each day and I can't wait for one person to wake up or get back from a potty break. It's going to be a blast and I really appreciate the opportunity to share my passion with my extended Fiddleback family.

Here is the most recent blog. Please come with questions, be prepared to take notes, and never hesitate to ask for help regarding anything I present.

http://fiddlebackforge.com/index.cfm/fiddleback-news-information/surviving-the-little-things/

Kev

Back