Fiddlebacks and Coffee

I wish I could report I've shaken it, but I haven't. Had a rough night. Is it possible that sitting around a campfire last night in a light rain was a bad choice? But there were fireworks, cigars, shotguns, Chris LeDoux radio, and even a visit from the friendly neighborhood law enforcement crew! How was I supposed to miss that?

Bob says I'm faking it anyway, so I might as well have fun.

About to pour my second cup as I bundle up on the porch and listen to the freezing rain bounce off the roof. Morning reading courtesy of Phil. Along with my rarely seen linen micarta Bushcrafter with mosaic pin.

You get my tip of the hat for going out last night especially in the weather you've described. In digging that coffee mug as well as that conspicuously unseen blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a263862510f18f063cb1bb0aa217c639.jpg

Coffee..... need Coffee!

Sorry for the party foul. I switched to hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream before I ventured out into the single digits to take a pic. My family is positive I'm certifiably insane.

My family doesn't even ask where or why anymore when they see me walking outside with a knife. I just get an eye roll and a head shake from the wife when I come back in.

Sorry for the party foul. I switched to hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream before I ventured out into the single digits to take a pic. My family is positive I'm certifiably insane.

Keeping with the "party foul" trend, I'm right there with you Tony except I usually, winter time only, put a splash of good brandy in my hot chocolate!
Nathan keep on keeping on!
56d133a0690e94e7e37528f5323c3ce6.jpg

Tony, I love that Karda.
It's cold outside around here, I stepped out on the back porch to take a picture, otherwise I'm staying inside and drinking coffee.

790d4516609282671627074fcf232670.jpg

I wish I could report I've shaken it, but I haven't. Had a rough night. Is it possible that sitting around a campfire last night in a light rain was a bad choice? But there were fireworks, cigars, shotguns, Chris LeDoux radio, and even a visit from the friendly neighborhood law enforcement crew! How was I supposed to miss that?

Bob says I'm faking it anyway, so I might as well have fun.

About to pour my second cup as I bundle up on the porch and listen to the freezing rain bounce off the roof. Morning reading courtesy of Phil. Along with my rarely seen linen micarta Bushcrafter with mosaic pin.

Hey faker, what knife is this one? Me likey

Two of my favorite topics, knives and coffee, do not mean to stray off course , can someone tell me how a French pressworks for making coffee? What do you domwitthink h the grinds after pressing so as not to get in the coffee?

French Press - there's a screen device that you use to press the grounds to the bottom. Live my Chemex...and my French Press.

Bob, that's a linen micarta Bushfinger. I sold it once, and bought it right back. But I'm ready to let it go. Let me know if you want more pics and are interested bud.

French Press - there's a screen device that you use to press the grounds to the bottom. Live my Chemex...and my French Press.

Bob, that's a linen micarta Bushfinger. I sold it once, and bought it right back. But I'm ready to let it go. Let me know if you want more pics and are interested bud.

I've been using an Aero press for the last, oh say 16 months and love the results. Additionally as I am the sole coffee drinker in the house I like that it makes one cup at a time. But the Chemex has always turned my head. Likely I'll get one if only for the occasional visit from friends when the coffee flows freely! They are a thing of beauty!

I have all three devices and roast my own beans... the aeropress is good for getting every bit of flavor out of single origin coffee... the Chemex is super clean tasting coffee... never had a bad cup out of the chemex... and sometimes you want that super dark concentrated coffee and that's when I use my French press

Thanks for the coffee info, I have a French press I got for Christmas one year, have not used it yet.

Thanks for the coffee info, I have a French press I got for Christmas one year, have not used it yet.

I would add, because of my own mistake, that if you grind your own beans use medium to coarse grind. The fine grind will not plunge and that old law that every action has an equal and opposite reaction will come into play!
Also stir your grinds after you add water and let them sit about 5 minutes before plunging !

I would add, because of my own mistake, that if you grind your own beans use medium to coarse grind. The fine grind will not plunge and that old law that every action has an equal and opposite reaction will come into play!
Also stir your grinds after you add water and let them sit about 5 minutes before plunging !

This. Exactly. On all points. And I wrap a towel around my Chemex or French Press to keep coffee hot.

I also plunge a little to keep the floating grinds submerged

I can see the forming of a "Fiddleback Forge Coffee Klatch"[emoji23][emoji508][emoji508][emoji508]

Back