Fiddlebacks and Food

Although I'm a Crystal Hot Sauce fan, I've been hooked on Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle hot sauce as of late. It is stupid good and makes any Bloody Mary top notch.

Panola is good on red beans & rice (but I'm a bit weird and like adding honey to rb&r, so take that with a grain of salt).

Stone Brewing does a decent hot sauce, as well.

Last edited:
Although I'm a Crystal Hot Sauce fan, I've been hooked on Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle hot saucr as of late. It is stupid good and makes any Bloody Mary top notch.

Panola is good on red beans & rice (but I'm a bit weird and like adding honey to rb&r, so take that with a grain of salt).

agreed. i like the tabascos smoked chipotle. again, not really spicy, but super tasty. and i'll take red beans and rice any way i can get it! ;)

ya know, i have tried so many hot sauces. i like the ghost pepper based sauces, because i like the taste better than the habanero based ones. with that said, i keep coming back to plain-old tabasco.

my lady makes a real good pepper sauce. she grows them. couldn't tell you which ones, but i know it's gooood.

EDIT: oh yeah, she's from Louisiana. she introduced me to trappey's. not hot, but a nice salty tang....

I'm gonna have to try making a homemade pepper sauce some day.

Although I'm a Crystal Hot Sauce fan, I've been hooked on Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle hot sauce as of late. It is stupid good and makes any Bloody Mary top notch.

I agree, Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle has a good flavor.

agreed. i like the tabascos smoked chipotle. again, not really spicy, but super tasty. and i'll take red beans and rice any way i can get it! ;)

If you want really spicy, but still super tasty, I'd recommend the Grace Hot Pepper Sauce (Very Hot). My daughter brought it back from Jamaica a while back. Been getting it from Amazon since.

I'm gonna have to try making a homemade pepper sauce some day.

I agree, Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle has a good flavor.

If you want really spicy, but still super tasty, I'd recommend the Grace Hot Pepper Sauce (Very Hot). My daughter brought it back from Jamaica a while back. Been getting it from Amazon since.

i'll look for it, thanks.

I'm a huge fan of the Yellowbird if you can get it. The fresh in the grocery store that makes it in Austin is better than the pasteurized version they sell via the web, but it's all still good. Here are my breakfast selections...

TxyEB8-cf_GMYixJlxi3famX6pjWZMJv-_q-lytnT0N28jGJCxdX8San9mexKuOL-v6eHgL7Eoo5kLxJ2xTaYV7UVBFLSnJtZzhMFdUzjxDvOaTvjMsESo1h_eXSobZjhT1zU58hL-QzPZU3eGNa5OdsZTqPlhUDsXgtBBAs8dc4uc0LRR0_N5SpH9mbTuBG_EVlalzuG0gtSwUvHkjHDvPkB_I-bHSdOGfgRwCLSdmrEuKBj7hDJVUTvgHnNRri0xmj45HBURI7NhlkcknBIawHrKM4MPTsiTSUwDlLq43Hkyq9U9wMzE73gXpgbwIZPy2ABMByKdtCk35yA7THdcAqAdNRaKTH1KC61r-wdORLwPeJ9FFLnasnIr4iRsWp0acBu8Boe7Uz0_FIw1aLXzECLiEY1pyrT1QRphxdjhreQjpZ6E82g00VblSc4HdB37jZ7iskLjTh190x_BCRnpDDVZxd_bPcw3fOY-nlcaMZpxajQi6KIrRdro2gRwaiFvOTOioPj_HRUH5Ye6Mcd6kzgdRvoEblXBp8FYzwrwOQj8FzGSOljFz7LK0h-1RPoQ5otXXQOioUcb_adnorr2OlCVJtZIQmccoZKjwfiXEkMEhQGgKX=w1920-h881-no

After looking at all the mouth watering pictures in this thread I have a question. Do people use their fiddlebacks to cut their food onto a ceramic dinner plate and if so does that not blunt the knife pretty quickly?

After looking at all the mouth watering pictures in this thread I have a question. Do people use their fiddlebacks to cut their food onto a ceramic dinner plate and if so does that not blunt the knife pretty quickly?

I personally do not. It will wreck an edge in no time at all.

I do not cut on plates. Ever!! I use a wooden or food grade plastic cutting board and then reassemble the awesome slices of food for photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
437e253aaea6d3c81a3e3c5ad267843a.jpg

Texas/Asian Fusion noodle bowl with Awesome Patch [on loan from forum member of special caliber [emoji12]]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I do. Life's too short. If I didn't use them for dinner, they would probably only be used once or twice a month. I just have to sharpen more often than I would otherwise. 1095 usually gets me about halfway through the week before it needs to be sharpened. A2, so far, has shown to last about a week. I'd like to see what S35VN would get me, but I haven't bought a knife in that steel yet. If I a really took the time to learn how to strop, I'm sure that I could get by with just a quick strop every night after washing the knife. I understand why some folks don't do it, though. The knife my wife has been using for 2 weeks is 1095, and even though I know it needs to be sharpened, she's still satisfied with it when comparing it to our other cheap steak knives.

When I use mine in that fashion, which isn't often, I slice through the food and stop just before hitting the plate.

Good little frozen pizza with some fresh toasted garlic, provel cheese and of course a cold beer.

Kids needed a little snack after Easter service. The first cuts with my new BC Karda were on this Asian pear. This knife – blade shape, handle contours – it's just perfect.

xOUAEdr.jpg

sIGcCfI.jpg

thats a good looking sammich!

one of the best marinades I have tried had some sort of pear, pulverized in the mix with soy, gochujang and soy

There are enzymes in certain fruits, such as this pear, and kiwi as well, that aid in tenderizing proteins. Of course, they contribute to the sweetness of the marinade as well without having to add sugar. I often make these Korean marinades, like the one you mentioned above. If you PM me your address, I'd be glad to send you a couple jars.

There are enzymes in certain fruits, such as this pear, and kiwi as well, that aid in tenderizing proteins. Of course, they contribute to the sweetness of the marinade as well without having to add sugar. I often make these Korean marinades, like the one you mentioned above. If you PM me your address, I'd be glad to send you a couple jars.
Mike
Thanks!

I believe it was a bugolgi marinade. Korean like you suggested.

i get this message when I tried to message you
"
Mish_Mike's inbox is full. Therefore, you cannot start this conversation."

but feel free to send me an email to phillip@fiddlebackforge.com

i would be happy & stoked to try it

Back