Fiddlebacks and Food

morels foraged by Odaon Odaon

20170510_211200_001_zpsineyhezq.jpg

Orion,
these were awesome. They smelled great while steeping, tasted fantastic, The black ones smelled a little earthy, I'll have to try them next time.

Thanks a ton!

morels foraged by Odaon Odaon

20170510_211200_001_zpsineyhezq.jpg

Orion,
these were awesome. They smelled great while steeping, tasted fantastic, The black ones smelled a little earthy, I'll have to try them next time.

Thanks a ton!

Good deal! Glad you liked them, I would recommend a hot sauté in butter with some salt and pepper. Also they're awesome in any sort of sauces. They're often used in risotto as well!

Another idea... hydrated, sautéed, mixed with onion into a burger patty and grilled.

Anyhow, lots of options!! I prefer the black morels; stronger flavor. Hoping to find some this weekend. :thumbsup:

Good deal! Glad you liked them, I would recommend a hot sauté in butter with some salt and pepper. Also they're awesome in any sort of sauces. They're often used in risotto as well!

Another idea... hydrated, sautéed, mixed with onion into a burger patty and grilled.

Anyhow, lots of options!! I prefer the black morels; stronger flavor. Hoping to find some this weekend. :thumbsup:
I cooked these with garlic, onion and olive oil:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The sight of Peas brings back bad memories from my childhood when my brother and I were expected to eat all our vegetables to get any dessert. When my parents weren't looking, I slipped many vegetables to the dog waiting under table. He liked all vegetables except peas and lima beans, much to my displeasure. Over time, I developed other tricks to dispose of the dreaded peas. :mad:

At least the steak and potatoes look tasty...:)

Phil

Tek:

Did I hear a "come & get it" ?

Your photo gives a whole new meaning to breakfast !

Peter

It's not a very bright picture but I prepped some steak last weekend on my campout and added to the patina on my Bushfinger.

Also prepped the bacon the next morning, no picture of the knife in this one.

Been having a hankering lately for some cucumber and radish tossed in balsamic vinegar, so I set out with my Minimuk and made it happen.

IMG_20170525_162051_2.jpg

Back