First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

Well sir, being Irish I know that Irish moss is used as a thickener. It does nothing to enhance flavor.
:p

Can't blame me for trying to pass beer ingredients as an enhancer, I tried! :D

Does it have the divot in the blade for detent so the assist can be removed? And if so did you try it? Is it smooth without it?
Can someone who has handled this tell us if there is a detent hole cut in the blade to correspond to the detent ball on the frame lock?

Speed safe is cool, but simply removing the torsion bar to make it a manual flipper would probably be my preference.

i hope it is drilled for a detent and has bronze bushings if it does iam buying alot of these same with the new rj martin design one.

Hands on :D
orig.jpg

I still want one. I like how a lot of the '13 models are popping out one after the other. It's hell on the wallet, though.

I am sending mine back to kershaw tomorrow for a stripped torx screw head...:-(

its probably both...irregardless, when I called them, I asked if they suggested a way to remove the screw, and they didnt have a suggested way...suprisingly their warranty turnaround is pretty quick for both kershaw and zt knives (when I sent my 560 in for warranty, they were running quicker on the ZTs vs the kershaw) now its about 5-8 business days. Anyway, im sending in both my thermite and my 0550.

After reading about the amount of Loctite on the Thermite and the Cryo II, I was worried about trying to move the pocket clips from tip-down to tip-up. I got the soldering iron out and prepared to do battle. I inserted my Wiha torx bit and...they spun free! I didn't need to use the soldering iron at all. I looked and there was barely (if any) Loctite at all on the screws. Seems like the factory put all of my Loctite on your screws.

After reading about the amount of Loctite on the Thermite and the Cryo II, I was worried about trying to move the pocket clips from tip-down to tip-up. I got the soldering iron out and prepared to do battle. I inserted my Wiha torx bit and...they spun free! I didn't need to use the soldering iron at all. I looked and there was barely (if any) Loctite at all on the screws. Seems like the factory put all of my Loctite on your screws.

You got lucky! Rival stripped his wiha on his thermite

Can someone who has handled this tell us if there is a detent hole cut in the blade to correspond to the detent ball on the frame lock?

Speed safe is cool, but simply removing the torsion bar to make it a manual flipper would probably be my preference.

i hope it is drilled for a detent and has bronze bushings if it does iam buying alot of these same with the new rj martin design one.

Does it have the divot in the blade for detent so the assist can be removed? And if so did you try it? Is it smooth without it?

Wait a minuite, this knife is out now? It still says preorder everywhere I look? As far as the detent go's I'll just drill my own. This looks like a great inexpensive base knife to customize. Which for me will start with ditching the speedsafe. Not a fan

Wait a minuite, this knife is out now? It still says preorder everywhere I look? As far as the detent go's I'll just drill my own. This looks like a great inexpensive base knife to customize. Which for me will start with ditching the speedsafe. Not a fan

Available only at a non supporting vendor. You can PM me if you'd like.

I took my thermite in to Kershaw Thursday and they ended up sending me a new knife. They think the factory in china is using black loctite. They did day they've been able to get out some screws by hitting the torx driver with a plastic mallet a few times then trying to loosen. That didn't work on the Thermite. I just hope the new one they send me doesn't have the same issue.

This knife in elmax or S35 or D2 would be sooooooooooo awesome.

Back