First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

I love the design. I'd like to see a manual version of this knife with KVT, S30V, and a nice tactical black DLC coating. Mmmmmm.

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it as is, but it would be cool to see more versions of the same design. Make this the next Leek!

I predict that the G10 is going to be replaced on a lot of these, after purchase, with something a bit more "Hinderery."

3rd quarter means release date close to the zt 566 which i was hoping would not happen so I could use it before the other released. I'm afraid that I might favor one more than the other.

I heard 2nd. So I'd imagine late 2nd to early 3rd, somewhere around there. I'm willing to bet these will be out before the 0566.

Impressive knife. I might want to carry that one.

I keep coming back to this thread over and over. Can't wait to get one of these. 3rd quater seems so far away. I may have to just get a 0560...

Actually, I've reconsidered. I'll likely get one of these... My first Chinese knife.

I am debating on getting this or just picking up a knockout. Really tough choice, so I may just buy both lol

Nice knife. Too bad Kershaw couldn't find a way to make it in the U.S.

All I want to know is whether or not we are going to be able to disable the Speed Assist in some way?

All I want to know is whether or not we are going to be able to disable the Speed Assist in some way?

I'm pretty sure all of Kershaw's/ZT's speed assist knives can be de-assisted, just take out the torsion bar.

I'm pretty sure all of Kershaw's/ZT's speed assist knives can be de-assisted, just take out the torsion bar.

They can all be de-assisted, but not all have ball detents. The speedsafe serves as the detent for a number of their knives. But I believe the new ones with speedsafe have ball detents. I wouldn't quote me, though.

They can all be de-assisted, but not all have ball detents. The speedsafe serves as the detent for a number of their knives. But I believe the new ones with speedsafe have ball detents. I wouldn't quote me, though.

Yes they all have ball detents, but not all of them have the detent hole drilled into the blade.
The only new offering I've heard of that has been confirmed to have a detent when de-assisted is the 0566.

Yes they all have ball detents, but not all of them have the detent hole drilled into the blade.
The only new offering I've heard of that has been confirmed to have a detent when de-assisted is the 0566.

I thought I heard the 0770 had a detent hole as well. I was also under the impression all the new assisted kai products this year would have detent hole. Did I read wrong?

I thought I heard the 0770 had a detent hole as well. I was also under the impression all the new assisted kai products this year would have detent hole. Did I read wrong?

You're probably correct, I haven't followed the 0770 just because it doesn't interest me. It would make sense that the ZTs would have it, but I don't know about all of KAI's models.

Back