First for 2017

I'm still playing around with hollow ground Scagel like blades, here's a beast of a bowie. 80CRv2 steel, 10.75" with a stacked handle with stag.
KuvfsvD.jpg
Oh, forgot to mention it's my ball bearing Damascus. Not! Just an etched blade, lol.
boBjchZ.jpg
GjtUYqe.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, my!!! David that is gorgeous. I bet it's a beast.
That damascus is really eye catching.

Another winner. Love the blade. I was going to asked how you etched that then saw that it was the real deal. I love Damascus and that pattern works perfect with the whole design.

Another winner. Love the blade. I was going to asked how you etched that then saw that it was the real deal. I love Damascus and that pattern works perfect with the whole design.
Naw, if you read a little closer, I made reference to it being ball bearing Damascus, Not! and said it was etched. I simply dripped candle wax on it when I etched it. Comes out looking cool as hell in my book.

Oh gotcha! I was too giddy looking to actually read! Interesting, never seen the wax drop before as a resist. Love the look.

Nice, David! Neat "Damascus -ish", and nice handle work. Your file work adds a nice touch!
What happened to your new makers mark?

That looks great, love the stacked leather with the stag, a classic beast!

Nice David, that is a beast! I love the look of the BB Damascus. :D

That's a gorgeous Bowie David, love the handle pattern.

Back