First go at a butterfly...

This is my first try at a butterfly sheath. I decided to go with a full wrap snap retention.. Not sure I prefer a separate belt loop but I don't really mind it either.

4Gm3vTb.jpg

i1uSrWR.jpg

2vMGTxD.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Todd

Great work Todd. I like the knife and that nice piece of popcorn stag. The sheath design really looks nice with that particular knife. I take it you made that knife ? What steel was used for the blade.
Vin

Thanks Vin.

The knife is a Through Tang made with 1/8" 1095 hardened to 60-61 HRC. The handle actually has a slight curve in it and fits the right hand really really well.

8HFHOxB.jpg

8e0b1w4.jpg

jzDXZxS.jpg

Thanks again!

Todd

I like the full wrap snap retention that you did, and the tooling gives everything an extra pop. I'm actually going to do a couple of sheaths with separate belt loops today myself. Not normally what I prefer, but I want the particular sheaths I'm going to do lined without any inside stitching and it seems like the easiest way to accomplish that.

You did a great job on this one. Looks good!

Amy

Thanks for the additional info. Really nice wok. I can see how that piece of stag really would fit the hand.

Nice work Todd! That is a cool piece of popcorn stag for sure! I really like the stamping too on the sheath. The blue thread really looks cool agains the reddishness of the leather.

Thank you all! Still have to practice perfecting what I've learned but I'll get there.

Thanks again and good day,

Todd

Nice combo! And nice to see some variation/variety with the snap retention system!

Back