First JK (muddy camp)

Good morning fellas. I picked up the muddy camp the other day which is my first JK knife. Very happy with my purchase and I haven't even cut anything yet! I wanted to take a few "showcase" style pictures first and I will keep this thread updated with more pictures as the blade gets to work. I'm moving in two weeks so it will have a lot of work ahead.

Thanks for looking

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed our visit, see you next month at the class!

Awesome looking knife. I'm sure you two will have many adventures together. Great choice with the liners.

This is a very excellent JK :thumbsup:. Pretty near as nice as the Rule # 9 which is really tough to beat as a great looking knife.

Congrats on a very nice 1st JK.

Ray

phew, excellent looking knife, thanks for sharing those pictures, like to see some of it in use to ;)

Thanks to the Gabepentin I forgot to click on post reply earlier.

That is one awesome camp knife right there!

Thanks to fogdart for the idea and John's execution! Things are a bit busy with the move coming up and overtime at work. I'll share more pictures as soon as it gets to work.

That thing is just begging to get dirty. Great design.
Nicely done, John.

That is a great looking knife, and one that will be a great worker as well!

best

mqqn

i'm not typically a fan of the "harpoon tip" style. but man...look at those lines! really like the overall shape of this one. looks great Jbar. and congrats on your first JK. :thumbsup:

There's a willow tree out back that had a lot of dead branches in it. Got the muddy camp and my crappy harbor freight hatchet and went tree climbing!

Got a pile of kindling and some 1-1/14" thick branches to burn at the new house in a few weeks.

I've been a fan of Japanese kitchen knives for some time but I figured I'd clean up the MC and try it in the kitchen.

I think it would be better suited for protein than vegetables! Time to clean it and get the edge freshened up.

Nice.
How did you like it in the yard?

It worked very well for me! I will be adding a lanyard to it for a more secure hold when chopping. The edge geometry bites right in making short work of everything I threw at it. I'm very happy with it and looking forward to putting it to work again soon :thumbsup:

It worked very well for me! I will be adding a lanyard to it for a more secure hold when chopping. The edge geometry bites right in making short work of everything I threw at it. I'm very happy with it and looking forward to putting it to work again soon :thumbsup:
John has his HT dialed in, eh?
There is a reason that the folks that use his knives keep coming back for more.

Back