Fishing 2016!!!

alright guys, you know the drill...post your catches!!

here's mine from yesterday's kayak fishing. water temp 48.9 w/ 53 air temp. small plastics. both caught in less than 20ft of water, 20ft from shore.

gorgeous smallie

my kayak set up:
i purchased the ascend fs10 2014 model at basspro 2 years ago. i didn't want a sit on top nor did i want to spend big $$ on a kayak. this one was about $550 out the door. i've modified and installed the following:
- anchor trolley system on portside
- scotty rod mount on the starboard side
- yakattack portrait mount for my contour roam 3 on the portside
- lowrance elite 3x dsi on the console (this is where the stock rod holder was installed). the 12 volt battery is enclosed in a plastic ammo box under the cockpit. excess wire is industrial velcroed underneath the cockpit.
- ram transducer mount installed on starboard side
- on the portside, under the railing, i've installed 2 stainless steel eyelets where i hang an eagle creek traveling pouch to put "go to" plastics, tackle and antibacterial for easy reach. i also have my extra long needle nose pliers, skeletool cx and nailclippers caribinered on to the eyelet.
- i also have silent traction in places and run a OD green closed foam sleeping pad inside to help reduce noise in the boat and also provides extra insulation and float
- milk crate holds more tackle, plastics, cranks, sunscreen, extra line, hand warmers. it also has 3 rod holders which holds my net and 2 spinning outfits (the third rides either in the flush holders or the scotty). the crate also serves as a latching area for my cart when on the water.

overall, it's a great boat and set up perfectly for me and my style of fishing. i fish largemouth, spots and smallies exclusively. she's stable, affordable and will last a long while. :)

Last edited:
Two very nice bass, way to go my friend:thumbup: Family and the weather have limited my fishing so far this winter but I hope things pick up soon.

Kayak fishing looks like an absolute blast! I'd try it, but that might make my motor boat a little jealous sitting in the garage. I'd be interested to see some pictures of your setup?

Nice ones. Going ice fishing next weekend. Don't know for what or where completely yet but since supposed to be above 0 ,we're going!!!:D Will be back with pics, hopefully.;)

12593456_1008291612562219_1016756318536607975_o.jpg

12565619_1008869572504423_7850833460898449635_n.jpg

12410571_1008869575837756_4190568999887155123_n.jpg

still been cold but i got salty..

Nice fish FOL. Envy that weather. Going ice fishing Saturday. Haven't been out on this particular lake for long time so don't know what to expect. Trying for Walleye.

OP, that looks like one sweet setup! Thanks!

Leathermon, nice fish! Looks like a 8-10 pounder? There's few things that I find more fun than targeting Northerns through the ice, either through tipups or spearing

Good haul Wolf. Caught 9 pike and 3 bass yesterday on small lake. 11&4 altogether. Really should have tried for crappie but don't know where the big ones are out there,....yet.;) Might try for them next weekend on same lake as caught these or try another lake. Went for walleyes on Vermillion on Sat, nada. Just got one pike.

JoeEr3J.jpg

GyGyMMa.jpg

Comin up that way soon,again! Don't care as much about trout through the ice as much as Gills. They're up there. ;)

I've been icing a few walleye lately, but somehow I always forget to snap pictures. I haven't caught anything spectacular. Just a bunch of little guys and a few decent size eaters.

Good haul Wolf. Caught 9 pike and 3 bass yesterday on small lake. 11&4 altogether. Really should have tried for crappie but don't know where the big ones are out there,....yet.;) Might try for them next weekend on same lake as caught these or try another lake. Went for walleyes on Vermillion on Sat, nada. Just got one pike.

GyGyMMa.jpg

you got a purty mouth. :D

but seriously, really nice catch there Ulf. mind me asking what you are using on the pike?

alright guys, you know the drill...post your catches!!

here's mine from yesterday's kayak fishing. water temp 48.9 w/ 53 air temp. small plastics. both caught in less than 20ft of water, 20ft from shore.

gorgeous smallie

my kayak set up:
i purchased the ascend fs10 2014 model at basspro 2 years ago. i didn't want a sit on top nor did i want to spend big $$ on a kayak. this one was about $550 out the door. i've modified and installed the following:
- anchor trolley system on portside
- scotty rod mount on the starboard side
- yakattack portrait mount for my contour roam 3 on the portside
- lowrance elite 3x dsi on the console (this is where the stock rod holder was installed). the 12 volt battery is enclosed in a plastic ammo box under the cockpit. excess wire is industrial velcroed underneath the cockpit.
- ram transducer mount installed on starboard side
- on the portside, under the railing, i've installed 2 stainless steel eyelets where i hang an eagle creek traveling pouch to put "go to" plastics, tackle and antibacterial for easy reach. i also have my extra long needle nose pliers, skeletool cx and nailclippers caribinered on to the eyelet.
- i also have silent traction in places and run a OD green closed foam sleeping pad inside to help reduce noise in the boat and also provides extra insulation and float
- milk crate holds more tackle, plastics, cranks, sunscreen, extra line, hand warmers. it also has 3 rod holders which holds my net and 2 spinning outfits (the third rides either in the flush holders or the scotty). the crate also serves as a latching area for my cart when on the water.

overall, it's a great boat and set up perfectly for me and my style of fishing. i fish largemouth, spots and smallies exclusively. she's stable, affordable and will last a long while. :)

this is the first time i've been able to see the pics. my work connection blocks 'em. nice bass T, and looks like a real nice rig.

Haha.
We had a bunch of left over shiners from fishing for walleyes the day before. Pike and bass couldn't get enough of them on other lake. Last time trying shiners for walleye.

Back