Fishing 2016!!!

Is that a black cod next to the 2 goldeneyes? I got done smoking some black cod fillets and they are the greasiest white fish I've ever eaten. You could burn them like a candle. Damn good though.

I knew it. The chinook we're catching here aren't as red as I would like. They are feeding mostly on baitfish because of the krill shortage. I've had to resort to the fish market.

red drum pamlico sound last week. 41.5"
48MDsce.png

Looks like I forgot to add this picture in here. 7 lb catfish I caught in the Muddy Mississippi River here at home.

1icppd.jpg

One of the best baits for our local Jewfish and Snapper, ready for the cast.

2586n34.jpg

Resulted in these 2 nice Jews, caught both fish on the same bait re-rigged after extracting it from the 1st fish's throat, mangled and all (shortage of squid on the day):

29gify8.jpg

And here's a mate on another day using the same type of bait again, only one caught that night, but a good one, well over 50lbs:

208bqjs.jpg

Last edited:
The Flounder run is starting to heat up here is SE Texas. Should have some pics soon of some saddle blankets, hopefully!

I caught a 34 inch Northern Pike down here in Iowa in the Mississippi River... main channel from the bank. 12 lb braided with jointed green tiger rapala and NO Leader..... Pic's are on my other computer if you want me to post pic's?

I caught a 34 inch Northern Pike down here in Iowa in the Mississippi River... main channel from the bank. 12 lb braided with jointed green tiger rapala and NO Leader..... Pic's are on my other computer if you want me to post pic's?

Of course we want pics.

I forgot about these pics I took a little while ago- Some bank/dock fishing over in Tavares FL.
The Bowfin was good size and put up a heck of a fight, as they normally do! I caught a few bass that day, the pic is of the smallest:rolleyes:
Bruce

Back