Fishing 2017

Big yellow perch there!!!! Please post the Monster Crappies when you get them!

Will do! We stopped at one lake on the way home this year and my buddies got a double header of 15" crappies. They look crazy that big. doing a little portaging and camping this spring to really try and get at them :thumbup:

I hit the local lake on Wednesday and Sunday. The stocked trout were not biting too good but i did get over a 100 bluegills Wednesday and 35 on Sunday. I did all catch and release. A lady stopped to talk to me when I caught about 5 bluegills ( one on each cast) and she asked if I was catching the same fish each time!!! I hate when you're on a run and someone ask that!!! I pointed out the fine differences in the last three I caught while she was there....lol...I enjoy catching fish instead of hunting for that one big bass, so getting this many was FUN!!!! I used live wax worms and Mini Trout Magnets.

That's a lot of crappie Chris! Nice job man, where did you get them all?

Sucker run is going strong up here.
500 lbs for bear hunting in no time.

suckers_zpspllwduxw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Sullie. They were caught from the Arkansas River System. They were all filleted with a fillet knife I made similar to the one in my avatar.

Chris

I don't have any recent fishing pics, but had to reply... I picked up the same bike a month and a half ago and am really diggin' it! I have 775 miles on it so far and just did a an 85 mile ride on Friday.
Bruce
xaImOIr.jpg

Found a somewhat recent pic to keep it on topic...
QkysC9Y.jpg

I hit a different lake yesterday. Got bluefills and pumkinseed sunfish ( over 50 of them), mostly 4-7" size. I saw lot of bass and pickeral but they would not bite....

I hit a different lake yesterday. Got bluefills and pumkinseed sunfish ( over 50 of them), mostly 4-7" size. I saw lot of bass and pickeral but they would not bite....

When you say pickerel do you mean chain pickerel or walleyes? We call walleyes pickerel up here

Chain Pickerel. We have one lake with walleyes on Long Island, but almost every lake has chain pickerel.....

Ice is off the lakes and finally got a boat in last weekend. Caught 8 lake trout between 20 and 25 inch and 10 rainbows smallest was 20 inches on two lakes.
Season is still closed for everything except trout up here till Saturday...but I'm working. Oh well, going for sturgeon in less than a week!
Good luck out there folks!

Nice Chris!! We have a 15 Crappie limit locally I assume you don't! Those two are monsters! Is the area you're cleaning them in yours or a spot on a lake you can use? Great catch! What was the bait/lure? Crappie / Trout Magnets have been a home run for me....Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom. We have a 30 fish limit on crappie. All were caught on 2" purple and chartreuse tube jigs fished on 11' jigging rods one in each hand. There are 58 crappie and 3 catfish in the pic. The cleaning station is public at the lake. The remains after cleaning go through a big disposal and then into a septic system. It's a very nice setup.

Chris

Last edited:
lakers_zpsj3h1llqw.png
[/URL][/IMG] Went back for more Lakers, got a couple better sized ones.
laker_zpsnvdvd2gv.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Caught 8 channel cats one night, between 33" and 37"s
catfish_zpsakabcqga.png
[/URL][/IMG]
nightfish_zps2x61qfpi.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Tried sturgeon for the first time yesterday morning. It was crazy! I caught 17 sturgeon, 4 over 50"s in 4 hours. and some walleyes and Northerns. No other boat caught that morning. Go figure.
suckers_zpspllwduxw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
unti_zpsl7aoi5qm.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Been a good spring so far!

I can't see pics on my end...guess they haven't been working?

Hit the lake yesterday. About 50 medium to small bluegills on mini trout magnets and live wax worms...All catch and release. Fun for sure!

Back on May 30th we had to put my old lab Max to sleep. For 13 years he was my fishing buddy. It's been a rough thing to come home and not have him meet me in the front yard.

My wife knows I have always wanted a bloodhound puppy. So, she got the kids on board and got me a bloodhound puppy. They surprised me Friday after I got off work.

So today I took Jasper fishing for his first time. He fell in the live well with the fish but did great on the boat, even thought it rained.
We kept 29 before we ran out of time, one short of the limit.

Back