Fishing & Hunting Disscussion ,Pics , Ect, Share your wisdom

bacustomknives

FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER
HEY GANG HERES YOU A PLACE TO SHOW PICS OF YOUR CATCHES AND KILLS FROM YOU HUNTING AND FISHING TRIPS ,SHARE INFO ON EQUIPTMENT ECT,TIPS AND HELP ANY MAY NEED!THIS IS THE PLACE :thumbup:
THANKS BILL & CHRIS

Well,keep your ammo dry & your hooks sharp,thats all the wisdom(?) I have.:rolleyes: ;)

Today i got out for some fun in the woods with a friend, we caught some bass and took some bluegills for crab bait, of course i brought the camera but wouldnt ya know i left the battery on charger in the jeep:mad:, but anyways on the way back out i ran across this guy, i had my buddy run and grab the battery and snapped a couple before he hole'd up...
GirlScoutoutingBlacksnake013.jpg

GirlScoutoutingBlacksnake004.jpg

GirlScoutoutingBlacksnake017.jpg

So after tis lasst shot, i decided he was pretty comfy with me movin around kinda slow by him, i deccide to handle him some.
He didnt mind TOO much but you could tell when he'd had enough, and again where was my camera, not in my friends hands, but in my front pocket, :rolleyes: LMAO... Nice snake..

Last edited:
Still a month too early,to go into Cottonmouth Swamp....the deer haven't moved down from the hills yet.

And the snakes are "still in the blind:,as the oldtimers say....will strike at movement.

But not worried about poachers or trespassers,there.

Am worried about the deer.

After the tailwinds from Hurricane Hugo? Ike? came thru and tore up the woods,then the two-week ice storm a couple years ago,then the blue tongue hit..... the deer who didn't migrate North, we are only seeing 15-20% of the deer we saw in 2007; early '08....

My 2 B'rers & I run 6 digital trail cameras....our deer pictures dropped from 23.6 average,per camera per day,to less than 4/camera/day.

On two sides of our property (54 acres) are 240+ acres of late corn.On the third side is 175 acres of soybeans.Our place is oak woods,persimmon trees,honeysuckle,green briars/saw briars,hills & hollers,5.5 acres of deer browse,most of the other 49.5 acres is steep,overgrown,thick.

Four old established mineral licks.
There is one small lake we built....and Greasy Creek flows thru it,year round....empties into Cottonmouth Swamp.

And there is one pit of quicksand,about 10-12' wide X 25-30' long.
When my Dad was 6,which would have been in 1910 or 1911,they lost a neighbor,a road wagon,and a team of mules in there,in the dark,during a storm.He & my Grandfather tracked him ,the wagon & the mules,until the tracks disappeared into the muck....which is always covered with old leaves,small brush.....well-hidden and ominous.

As far as we can tell,the only people who remain,who know the location of that quicksand , is B'rer Byron,B'rer Bill,and myself.
Since it has been famous for cottonmouths,copperheads & quicksand for 100 years now, people stay the Hell out.

Even the lowlife meth makers.

We like it that way,and we never give guided tours.

~Gnarly

Last edited:
cool, i like black snakes but when they put off the stinch there pretty rude!!

Yeah Bill, my friend found that out quickly, HAHA.
He called me last night and said besides what he washed off his hands in a stream, the stink was all over his shirt, lol..

SOME PICS FROM ARE RECENT TRIP ON DALE HOLLOW LAKE ,TN WE CAUGHT AROUND 60-70 FISH THERE WERE KY BASS , LARGE MOUTH AN SMALLMOUTH,2 OF THE SMALLIES WERE 5LBS+

tnsmallie006.jpg

tnsmallie012.jpg

tnsmallie019.jpg

tnsmallie040.jpg

tnsmallie064.jpg

tnsmallie071.jpg

tnsmallie076.jpg

tnsmallie078.jpg

tnsmallie099.jpg

tnsmallie061.jpg

tnsmallie047.jpg

tnsmallie052.jpg

tnsmallie086.jpg

tnsmallie090.jpg

tnsmallie096.jpg

013-16.jpg

A BEAUTIFUL QUIET LITTLE PEACEFUL PLACE ON THE LAKE THAT TAKES YOUR MIND TO ANOTHER PLACE IN TIME
tnsmallie054.jpg

Last edited:
Fish on!Damn!
Hell of a nice haul of hogs there Bill.:cool:

So,I take it you had a good time eh?;)

Looks like good times there Bill. We don't have much for bass around here other than white bass and some smallies farther south in the state. We mostly fish for walleye and northern here in Devils Lake. Perch are very abundant in the winter too. The red river has some nice big catfish too. Looks like you caught some nice ones.

Good to put a face to the name too btw.

Nice ones Bill. Ya'll are doing better than las year if I remember right. At least on gettin' pics of the fish. :)

Put them up later tonight and noone will notice.........

. . . . lmao, only a true forum "veteran" would know this either . . . . :)
And of course we can't forget Wilson in this . . . .
Be safe.
p.s.: Great haul BA, and since no one has said anything & if I am not mistaking, a catfish on a crankbait ??? ??? ???

Just heard the other day that the ND Game & Fish is cutting the number of deer rifle tags from 100,000 last fall to 65,000 this fall. The 100,000 last fall was already a big reduction in the numbers from previous years. I didn't get a deer this past fall with two tags and now it might be hard to even get one tag this year, let alone a deer. Looks like I should really start looking into getting a bow. Bow tags are sold over the counter here and rifle tags given out with a lottery system.

This winter should have been pretty easy for the deer so maybe this reduction will help the numbers rebound a bit. The last two or three winters before this one were really hard and tons of deer ended up dieing. There used to be so many tags that there would even be left overs after rifle season. The last few years they ran out well before deer season. After the lottery tags are given out the G&F sells the remaining doe tags as first come first serve.

Back