Fit over sunglasses

I'm out in the sun near water all the time and I need something that blocks more sun than clip-ons or regular frames with tinted lenses. The sun just reflects under them and I end up not being able to see a damn thing. I can't get wrap around prescription glasses because my prescription is too high and I was thinking about getting some fit overs. Anyone with bad peepers use fit over sunglasses like Cocoons? Or does anyone with a high prescription have a good pair of sunglasses frames?

I have used Cocoons for the past 4-5yrs with good results.. Just make sure you can try on different styles.. Some fit a little different and get the right size also.. Use them for fishing too and they are great on the water!! Hope this helps.. John

I use Solar Shields which suit me just fine. They are similar to Cocoons but probably not as good optically. I don't like to spend a lot on sunglasses because I have several pair that I keep in different places so they are always there when I need them.

I find myself wearing the Solar Shields without my glasses sometimes too. They aren't anything fancy but I like the full coverage and the little windows on the sides are great for peripheral vision. Especially when checking my blind spot while driving.

I'm sure Cocoons are better quality but the Solar Shields are good enough for me and I can buy them at just about any local drug store.

Cool, I'm looking at some different brands. Are they comfortable over your glasses?

Yes, they are. I can get a more snug fit without my glasses on but I don't do that very often. Usually just once a week when I mow the lawn.

I can't tell for sure if the lenses touch my prescription lenses or not so what I do is push them on snugly and then pull them forward a few millimeters just to make sure. It's still a comfortable fit but slightly less snug than wearing them without my glasses.

Back