Flea Market finds

Love the Ulster Old Timer and I didn't expect to see an Imperial with mill worked liners,very cool finds.:cool:
Congrats Pete.

Love the Ulster Old Timer and I didn't expect to see an Imperial with mill worked liners,very cool finds.:cool:
Congrats Pete.

Thanks Mykel, I cleaned up the Imperial and was able to get a better look at the tang stamp, it is c.1930-1936, and something I didn't noticed originally the liners are steel, I still need to re-profile the clip blade and touch up both edges, the Ulster 58ot Old Timer got cleaned up and oiled and is in the pocket.

Pete

Pete, great looking OT, only thing new I've found lately is not old but nice a 6OT Schrade + and a Case blue bone Masonic knife in tin with nice little pocket sheath. But I'm semi retired now so I'll be out hunting more.

Picked this up at an antique shop this weekend. Was a mess but I cleaned it up and sharpened it. Pen blade is still a beast to get out but the main blade is buttery smooth.
For $10 I am quite happy.

Here's a chart

Pete

Unfortunately part of the etching appears to be out of sight and my iPhone camera leaves a lot to be desired. Here is the best i could do:

Below the arm is hidden

Top line of Pat No reads 2037943, there are numbers below that but they are obscured by the bolster.

nice finds guys,

here are the ones i picked up most recently, I love hunting old knives :)

John primble, belknap

buck 501

I think it's 1938-1941, nice little knife

Pete

That is what the thread I posted led me to believe as well. Thank you for the confirmation.
It was a nice little find and in excellent condition once I cleaned it up a little. Really did sharpen
up nicely too. Lol, the little pen blade really wants to tear your nail off but the main blade is so smooth!

I had a good morning at the flea market, and got quite a few good bargains. I don't think paid more than $30 for everything...

A Robert Klaas, just missing a shield, otherwise brand new. Also and Old Crafty, and an OT

A United Cutlery Austria...

USCG rope knife

This Keen Kutter I got for $2. It's my favorite find of the day

And this cool little knife from Eagle Pencil, NY. I don't know exactly what it's for, but it's cool!

OK I admit it was an antique fair not a flea market-although a couple of the dealers were a bit flea bitten.
It was held by the Wollongong Rotary Club and so a percentage of profit goes to charitable ventures.
I managed to buy the most difficult thing in all the world to find -an anniversary gift for me wife. Having overcome that stress barrier I settled in for some sniffing out of the knives.
First off there were some bayonets but way too pricey and not my scene.
Then a Hartkopf toothpick caught my eye for 20AUD-sadly the pale blue cel had caused major corrosion to the blade . I thought about trying to clean it up but I'm afraid it was beyond help. The pitting was too severe.To be frank it was knackered.
Then there was this old Americano dude selling loads of old glass bottles. Nice fella- I asked him about my old VR whisky bottle that I found in the bush and he told me The VR stands for Vance & Ross glassworks in Sydney. Circa 1920 so still quite old and historic.He had a couple of penknives and some irons as well. One stood out but another guy came along and asked how much the iron was. $95.00. I didn't like to ask about the penknife after that. I needed a coffee, Portugese tart and a little sit down.
After I was refreshed I fronted him on the penknife-$10 bux for you ma friend!
Hurrah thought I.
Yessir its priced to sell!
It was utterly filthy and rusty all over but had the right stuff.
I asked him what the handles were and he reckoned them to be some kinda horn.
They are unfortunately not horn but ne'er theless quite a good approximation of it.
20140602_100908_zpsc011170a.jpg

20140602_110231_zps90fb3fbc.jpg

Interesting all the same and sharpened up beautifully.
Some kinda horn-:rolleyes:Apart from those rust spots the scales are in good nick.
I think its time this old Sheffield knife went home,don't you?
Now if ooonly there was someone in Sheffield or a nearby Town, City,Village or Locality that I knew of to send it to...:D

And this cool little knife from Eagle Pencil, NY. I don't know exactly what it's for, but it's cool!

Interesting knife, I'm going to guess for sharpening pencils? The other side used as a phone dialer?
That's quite a haul for one day, congrats.

Interesting knife, I'm going to guess for sharpening pencils? The other side used as a phone dialer?
That's quite a haul for one day, congrats.

Could be a phone dialer, but it is spring loaded. Nevertheless, cool and unique (to me at least). Thanks.

Back