Folding Bushcraft Knife that is usable/comfortable - by Daniel Koster

Can a folding bushcraft knife compete with the fixed blade version?

• I'm intrigued

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm skeptical

• I'm against it

• Sign me up!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there more folders produced? Any updates from the maker. I understand that things can come up but this is so strange.

Waiting this long for a knife with little to no contact is a crime.

"Hope" is not a way of business...

I was able to buy on off the exchange for less than from maker, try it out and decide it was not for me. Lockup was not so great. Sharpness not exciting. Overall, not a fixed blade and too big for pocket carry. If you want to carry this in a belt sheath, that will be the way to go.

IMO, Koster knives is not worth the wait. Especially this time around. Good luck to those still waiting.

Shame on Dan.

Thank you sloth357! Yes I feel very sad about everything with this knife and Dans "business".
We all know: never pay before the knife is done. The problem with Dan is that nothing works because nothing is true. More than one year ago he told me that the knife was ready to ship and that he wanted me to pay - and I did. Now I have heard everything. The knife is close. Tomorrow. Sorry. Small business. If you read this Dan you can send me my knife or the money. But I guess that that it never will happen.

Hmmm I don't know if you can do anything via Paypal after a year... Keep at it and don't give up. Even if winning means he never sells another knife here...

I own a nessmuck of his from years ago... It is decent, but I might sell it for cheap and get rid of his essence from my collection.

Hope this thread is read by many.

GL swe and others. :/

Yes - it's easier to get ahold of me on facebook. or you can call me directly.

2 more folders were just shipped out. :thumbup:

Dan

Hopefully none, he emailed people staring he has five available for sale today or tomorrow via his website...

Yeah, I am supposed to be on waiting list and also got this email. Does not make any sense? Such a bad business to deal with!!!

Martin

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? . now i get it because i got it orange /black g10 :)

Last edited:
nothing happning ? buy button wont let you buy ??? must have been so busy but did bag one in the end :)

Last edited:
What a bunch of bs. Take off work, wait until 3. wait another 10 minutes...click the link, paypal loads.....no option to pay. click again...item sold out. then nothing will do anything for 10 minutes.

This is not "fair" as he states on his site. This sales method means that whomever lives closest to his server or has the most expensive bandwidth wins.

Two years is enough. Keep your knives sir. If by some chance in the future you happen to have product in hand to sell let me know. It amazes me that someone I don't know and doesn't have anything to sell for 24 months at a time infuriates me so. I will not try again. Neither should the rest of you.

Bet that they don't ship for 9 months anyway. Congrats to the happy clickers!

What a bunch of bs. Take off work, wait until 3. wait another 10 minutes...click the link, paypal loads.....no option to pay. click again...item sold out. then nothing will do anything for 10 minutes.

This is not "fair" as he states on his site. This sales method means that whomever lives closest to his server or has the most expensive bandwidth wins.

Two years is enough. Keep your knives sir. If by some chance in the future you happen to have product in hand to sell let me know. It amazes me that someone I don't know and doesn't have anything to sell for 24 months at a time infuriates me so. I will not try again. Neither should the rest of you.

Bet that they don't ship for 9 months anyway. Congrats to the happy clickers!

I concur!!! The only business he will get from me is the constant reminder to all to stay away. He has orders to fill and should not have time to post "extra knives" for sale. Why isn't my MUCK order from over 2 years ago done, but yet he has extra folders? What a bad business in so many ways!!!!

I'm not sure what happened here. I was on the list to have one made and now there are extra knives? Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

"Oh well"??? That's it? I would just put this makers name in your list of "do not support".

When and if he closes this thread I will hope to put a GBU thread up to keep this idea alive.

I have a short list of makers I won't support. I see their knives being bought and sold every week. Sad. I know we can't change the way people run a business, nor can we inform all new hobbyists to the low lifes and swindlers, but we can try! :)

Make a little noise, ask for money back. Contact Paypal if you've sent paypal.. Post threads to help others.. do your part.. later

Never ever been treated like this before such a shame as the product is good. Still live n learn . PS Dan can i have my money back . Have the Bushcraft folder now , the knife is as expected top notch and stunning workmanship.

Last edited:
So been on the waiting list for over a year (happy waiting, i know daniel takes his time) and i get a email today about daniels bushcraft folder on kick starter with a completion date of next summer. Signed up straight away then came back and read this forum again. Looks like theres alot of upset people from the last time i was here. I see daniel got into the habbit of taking peoples money and not delivery for months and even up to a year. I dont mind waiting but paying first and waiting really sucks. Hope he keeps his word and pumps these out with the same quality by next summer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back