For you, what is THE best SAK

Victorinox Super Tinker.
Has the most useful selection of tools for me and not too bulky for pocket carry.

The Super Tinker is a great SAK. I have the older version which is more commonly known as the Salesman. It is the Super Tinker but in the smaller 84mm size rather than the standard 91mm size.

The Super Tinker is a great SAK. I have the older version which is more commonly known as the Salesman. It is the Super Tinker but in the smaller 84mm size rather than the standard 91mm size.

I have one of those....somewhere....I put it in a sewing kit (for the scissors) years ago and haven't found the kit (or the knife).

I always liked it in that size better than the 91mm version.

This is tough, I love my SAK collection (small as it may be). For when I am just out and about, I usually carry a Electrician or Pioneer or Carver, and there is a MiniChamp on my keychain. When I'm traveling, I keep my Jetsetter with me on the plane, and check my Traveller. I love the Traveller, they definitely thought out what someone that is traveling (especially in Europe/backpacking) might need.

And the fun thing is, sheeple dont care about SAK's. Pop a Cold Steel Ak/47 for example and open a letter with sheeple around you. There gonna be looking at you like mice with a piece of cheese. Pop a SAK and open a can or wathever, sheeple dont care. Tho I always carry my BM707 anyways :)

This is tough, I love my SAK collection (small as it may be). For when I am just out and about, I usually carry a Electrician or Pioneer or Carver, and there is a MiniChamp on my keychain. When I'm traveling, I keep my Jetsetter with me on the plane, and check my Traveller. I love the Traveller, they definitely thought out what someone that is traveling (especially in Europe/backpacking) might need.

You like that Carver? I keep thinking about one... :D

Love my cadet. It is a great EDC. I own a huntsman and a Swiss champ. Both are nice but rarely get used. I don't need all those tools everyday but they are nice.

You like that Carver? I keep thinking about one... :D

Yeah! It's my first +B item, but when walking in the woods, or holed up in a cabin, I love the ability to sit there and whittle for a long while without having the strop, and the pruning blade works well as a spoon/curved surface knife in a pinch. Plus the copper colored ALOX is awesome :D

Yeah! It's my first +B item, but when walking in the woods, or holed up in a cabin, I love the ability to sit there and whittle for a long while without having the strop, and the pruning blade works well as a spoon/curved surface knife in a pinch. Plus the copper colored ALOX is awesome :D

Thanks! Sounds like a real winning combination! I'll be on the lookout for one (for when I can afford it) :D

Thanks! Sounds like a real winning combination! I'll be on the lookout for one (for when I can afford it) :D

Haha yeah no problem! I'm new here (joined yesterday), but I'll probably do some reviews of some of the stuff I have that I haven't found much on. I'm new to the hobby, but at least there will be something out there for someone to get a feel for the knives.

I love my Hiker, didn't need the corkscrew.The saw comes in handy, and so does the awl.

My is the Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch and a Kershaw Drone (plain blade) in my pocket.
At home it is a Tinker in my left pocket and a Kershaw Volt II (plain blade)clipped to my right jeans pocket.
I like SAKs as a tool kit, but also like to carry a stouter knife for serious cutting (not combat :). I also (as you can guess)
am NOT a fan of serrated or "combo" blades. If I need a saw, I'd carry a saw. Never seen the value or use of a serrated
blade exept of course as a steak knife and then only if the steak is tough as shoe leather :) I keep all my knives sharp and
touch them up after each major use.

Rich S

Cybertool 34! Love the bit driver and additional bits it holds.
8813805994014_1_7725_T_Bild2_3529_eps_1.jpg

I think the best knife is the knife you have on you when you need it. As for my edc: I carry a Bantam and Classic on my keyring (I call it the "BASIC") :p as backup in my left front pocket. For my main use blade, I used to carry a pocket pal + a sportsman in my car. I bought a silver alox cadet yesterday and ablack alox Pioneer last week. They're gonna be the tag team for my right front pocket starting today :)

I went for years with a Tinker but lately I have been picking up quite a few SAK's and right now I am liking the Mechanic quite a bit.
When not working a Cadet is great too.

I've had this Recruit since I was 14 or 15, and it's a lot of knife for the price. I've certainly got my moneys worth out of it.

The best Swiss Army Knife for me in the Tinker since it has three screwdrivers and I use those screwdrivers to keep the various Phillips head and slotted head screws on my wheelchair good and tight.

Last edited:
During the week my most carried and used is a small Tinker. I wear dress slacks during the week for work and the super Tinker is a great size. It carries very easily in the pocket and is large enough to take care care of daily task. On the weekend I will generally have a Hiker or Explorer in my jeans pocket.

Believe it or not it's very easy to fit a 91mm SAK in change pocket on my jeans. Even the Fieldmaster or Huntsman rides relatively easy. Makes it easy to pack one at any given time.

On another note, my mother just recently got her very own SAK. The current production Super Tinker seemed like the perfect choice for everything she usually does.

My personal SAK favorite is the Vic Pioneer that I purchased to replace a Soldier, a SAK that had proven it's worth on numerous occasions, most notably in my pre- and early teen years attending summer camp. It is now my Mom's favorite SAK.

I also have a Vic Huntsman and One Hand Trekker German Army in my collection. My latest acquisition is a Wenger Evolution 81 that I purchased to replace a lost Vic Classic SD.

Back