For you, what is THE best SAK

I've owned many SAKs over the years, but the one I keep coming back to is the Recruit. It has the best balance of tools vs size for me. I carried a Super Tinker for almost ten years, but rarely used the scissors. I always have my SwissChamp close by and find myself using my Classic more and more.

Super Tinker ...
Because I like to tinker with stuff

I really love the Nylon and Alox SAK's... I own a Climber II and a Huntsman II in nylon that I really like. I don't care too much for my Silver Alox Cadet, and my Silver Alox Pioneer gets a lot of carry time. However, today my favorite SAK has to be my Black Alox Pioneer...it arrived
Yes, I really wish the nylon scales were easier to find, and if they had the 'plus' slot for the pen. Currently the closest I have are my trekker, too large, or my stayglow camper.

Anyways, I like the supertinker on the left (first I bought), but carry the classic more often. :D
P8190013.jpg

Disregard the craftsman which lives in my car.

Yes, I really wish the nylon scales were easier to find, and if they had the 'plus' slot for the pen. Currently the closest I have are my trekker, too large, or my stayglow camper.

Anyways, I like the supertinker on the left (first I bought), but carry the classic more often. :D
P8190013.jpg

Disregard the craftsman which lives in my car.

Do you carry the one in the right in a belt pouch?

For me my Cybertool 34 that I've had for 13 & 1/2 years is a firm favourite, the best for many many tasks.
But while working I need to have something smaller - I like my Vic Manager for that.

I carried a pioneer/wenger si for YEARS
but now i got the farmer, and a little part in the back of my mind says, HEY, you never know, that saw can come in awfully handy...
on the other hand the size, thickness and weight of the pioneer/SI is alot nicer than the farmer

oohhh first world problems huh?

I carried a pioneer/wenger si for YEARS
but now i got the farmer, and a little part in the back of my mind says, HEY, you never know, that saw can come in awfully handy...
on the other hand the size, thickness and weight of the pioneer/SI is alot nicer than the farmer

oohhh first world problems huh?

All too true. It's good to keep that in mind, helps keep perspective.

As I was cleaning out some boxes, I found my old Super Tinker. I had carried it for almost ten years and thought that I had lost it in my divorce. Next to my Recruit this has been my next favorite fir usefulness.

Alox Cadet is my favorite. Pretty much the only thing I carry these days.

As I was cleaning out some boxes, I found my old Super Tinker. I had carried it for almost ten years and thought that I had lost it in my divorce. Next to my Recruit this has been my next favorite fir usefulness.

Alox Cadet is my favorite. Pretty much the only thing I carry these days.

Funny you guys mention these. I have had a Cadet for several weeks now and absolutely love it. A hour or so ago, I ordered a red and black Recruit, because I like having the 2nd smaller blade. I am wondering if the Recruit will knock the Cadet from my EDC pocketing.

I like my Cadet, but I have a spot in my heart for the Recruit - I bought my first one at an Army PX in 1982 because I knew I'd need a can opener (remember C Rats?). That knife went to a lot of places with me and was finally gifted to a young man on his way to Africa on a mission trip. I've probably owned and given away 20 of these things; they're handy and inexpensive!

I like my Cadet, but I have a spot in my heart for the Recruit - I bought my first one at an Army PX in 1982 because I knew I'd need a can opener (remember C Rats?). That knife went to a lot of places with me and was finally gifted to a young man on his way to Africa on a mission trip. I've probably owned and given away 20 of these things; they're handy and inexpensive!

My Recuits arrived yesterday. I like the fact they have the secondary smaller blade. Not sure if it will replace my Cadet in my pocket, but very nice none the less.

For me, the one I like the best is the Explorer. I carry one all the time and have for quite some time. I feel it has the best tool setup for the amount of layers. I did carry the small Tinker for over 25 years til the springs broke. I still wish I had another one of those! I did recently pick up a Yeoman which I am liking as it is similar to the Explorer but with one less layer.

Back