For you, what is THE best SAK

My absolute favorite is the swiss army waiter. Small light weight and is great for edc. The electrician is another great one of I need a beefy pocket knife.

Aye, the Waiter is a great knife that fills my needs very well on 85% of all occasions. Also, non knife people seem to find it "cute".

Just got a Huntsman Plus. I really really like it. Has about everything on it I need. The only thing I could see myself not using on it is the hook.

Just got a Huntsman Plus. I really really like it. Has about everything on it I need. The only thing I could see myself not using on it is the hook.

Just wait. You might carry your Huntsman for years and years and never need it, but there will be one day that comes along when you need the hook and it will save the day. :cool:

Just wait. You might carry your Huntsman for years and years and never need it, but there will be one day that comes along when you need the hook and it will save the day. :cool:

There is a saying often engraved upon blades carried by Afghan tribesmen: "You may need me but once in your life, and for this you must carry me all of your life."

Last edited:
I don't like swiss army knives. Too retro. Who uses those anymore? 8 year old cub scouts? They aren't bad I just don't like them. Wenger and swiss army make nice watches though.

I don't like swiss army knives. Too retro. Who uses those anymore? 8 year old cub scouts? They aren't bad I just don't like them. Wenger and swiss army make nice watches though.

Millions of folks world-wide. Victorinox didn't become the biggest manufacturer of pocket knives in the world by making knives nobody uses. ;)

They don't like you either. :D

Seriously though. I can almost guarantee you Victorinox sells more knives than any other brand knife you carry. I think your the minority on this one. ;)

I still don't know. I love my huntsman, and have used every tool on it. By the way the hook can be useful for digging under a knot like a set clove hitch or theater knot in thinner cord. I recently lucked into a farmer, and its also really nice. I have two alox soldiers that get pocket time, as well as an alox pioneer settler. I'm looking to get a compact, and maybe a wegner pocket tool chest. I would like to get a 111mm or two, maybe a forester and outrider. Maybe someday I'll have a perfect one. maybe, but I doubt it. i can think of worse things to collect!:D

That's okay Dano, it's a free country. But it seems the rest of the world does not agree with you. Victorinox puts a bit over 35 million knives a year, so they are selling more knives than Spyderco and Benchmade put together. SAK's have been included as standard equipment on expeditions to Antarctica to the Mount Everest, to onboard the space shuttle.

But you just go on and use what you want. I'm sure Victorinox can get on without you.:D

I love Vics. Never had one come out of the box less than perfect. Can't say that for all the other brands I've bought. My favorite SAK right now is the Spartan II. I got it online for a crazy good price. I already had the Tinker and Explorer with the Celidor scales. I'm liking the Nylon scales. Got the Spartan and the mini screwdriver that fits in the corkscrew. So far, it's everything I could need during the day and nothing I don't. The awl/reamer on the back is my favorite box opener right now. Saves me from getting sticky tape goo on the blades.

I know of no production or custom folder, traditional or tactical impractical, that comes out of the box blemish free, perfectly crinked, and razor sharp. I don't care how much you spend, only SAK's arrive absolutely picture perfect and faultless right out of the box.

I know of no production or custom folder, traditional or tactical impractical, that comes out of the box blemish free, perfectly crinked, and razor sharp. I don't care how much you spend, only SAK's arrive absolutely picture perfect and faultless right out of the box.

This has been my experience as well! :thumbup:

I have found this to be a true statement as well :D

:thumbup: +4

Back