Front Flippers - Feist & Wakulla, changing the game!

mistanthropia:

That photo is of a prototype, I'll have to check to see whether the batch production is the same as the prototype or if there were changes made.

Kizer.

Boy Kizer has come a long ways in just a couple of years! Can't wait to see what they come up with in the near future!

Hi, All:

I'm working on the new 2017 catalog to be released by SHOT show. We should have an electronic copy hopefully by the new year!

the Feist and Wakulla have the following specs:

Feist:

KI 3499
Steel: CPM-S35VN
Handle: 6AL4V Titanium
Blade Length: 2.83”
Overall: 6.54”
Weight: 2.58oz

Wakulla:
KI 4497 - A1 A2
Steel: CPM-S35VN
Handle: 6AL4V Titanium
Blade Length: 3.51”
Overall: 7.93”
Weight: 3.84oz

Thank you.

Kizer team.

Can you give us the blade thickness, too?
Thank you,

Miso

Hi, Miso2:

Feist: 0.11 inch thick

Wakulla: 0.11 inch thick

OK. Wow. That is great!
Hope the grind is deep to make the edge thin, too.
Thank you.

Miso

front flippers are my favorite, i will have to look into getting one of these, tho i would prefer carbon fiber on the show side. most of the good front flippers cost upward of 600+ from reputable names... so this will fill the void of the mid level front flippers. i like the Feist, not into the design of the other one.

are these on bearings or Phosphorus bronze washers (or nylon washers?)

Good work Kizer!

This thread went to slumber as I was counting the days...

Tic, tic, tic, tic, tic...

Waiting to place an order for the Feist!

Whither and whence shall I have it?

I think the Feist is the perfect size for me, it looks to be a good pocket knife that's easily carried. Why hasn't Kizer come back with some idea of price and if it has bearings or washers?

Can't wait for the Feist! I am very interested to try a front flipper that runs on bearings as the only other front flipper I've had ran on washers and flipped in slow motion. I looked at the picture of the Feist disassembled on Instagram and am curious about the back stop. I've seen the reverse before where the bar is stationary and the blade has a path cut out for it to run on– for example, the Lionsteel TRE, but I haven't seen a stop bar in the blade that runs in a track in the handles. Is this an innovation first developed in this knife or has this been done before?

Can't wait for the Feist! I am very interested to try a front flipper that runs on bearings as the only other front flipper I've had ran on washers and flipped in slow motion. I looked at the picture of the Feist disassembled on Instagram and am curious about the back stop. I've seen the reverse before where the bar is stationary and the blade has a path cut out for it to run on– for example, the Lionsteel TRE, but I haven't seen a stop bar in the blade that runs in a track in the handles. Is this an innovation first developed in this knife or has this been done before?

This has been done many times before. It's essentially no different from how Hinderer or Strider does their locks, it's just that in this case the stop pin travels into the handle as opposed to abutting the outside of it.

Last edited:
Back