Front Flippers - Feist & Wakulla, changing the game!

My Feist opens very well. There is a bit of sound if you slow-roll it open. I took it apart and lubed it up right when I got it, I think the noise might be the stop pin. Mine flies right open and is pretty smooth. Opens up lightning fast with my index finger.

I'd really like to hear back from Kizer that the persistent issues with some of the Feist models have been addressed and a new batch on the way. I'm eager to buy one but not interested in returning it to dealer for a better sample or Kizer to fix.

Had my Wakulla A1 a little while now.

This is a knife you really need to handle to appreciate. It looks a bit funky but in real life its beautiful. The images don't do it justice. Very dense and solid feeling, despite moderate weight. The action is incredible. It's flippable/rollable in oh so many ways, especially using the thumbstud. For instance both by thumb and thumb nail and several parts of your index finger. Fairly (but not overly) soft and well balanced detent i think. The actual front flipper will eat your fingers though if flipping repeatedly and requires a bit of force. But, it works. The tip up right side pocket clip rides very well too. Due to the not so heavy detent it feels smoother than many of the latest generation Kizer flippers in the bladesmith series.

This knife has really grown on me since I first got it and was a bit meh and I think it's an excellent EDC for me. I have medium to large hands though. Something like a Feist is too small. However, the edges of the clip, and the internal edges of the handle was a bit sharp. Some very quick work with a Dremel and polishing thingy (the rubber like variety) fixed that.

Mac

I'd really like to hear back from Kizer that the persistent issues with some of the Feist models have been addressed and a new batch on the way. I'm eager to buy one but not interested in returning it to dealer for a better sample or Kizer to fix.

The issues are being addressed! I don't know or have any info on a time frame though.

I'd like to know what you found as well, would be helpful for others. Thanks
There were scratches and gouges on the inside of the channel where the floating pin sits in. When the pin travels in this channel, it will glide over the scratches and gouges making it seem gritty. I'm no machinist but It looked like the scratches and gouges happened after the CNC process. I've since sent it in to Tracy at Kizer USA and upon arrival they inspected it and he told me that they were sending me a replacement from China. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's still going to come from the first run so I'm hoping it doesn't come in the same way. I really like this design from Justin Lundquist. I'd pretty much go out of my way to pay him for a custom of this design.

Today I received the replacement Feist. Glassy pivot and no grittiness. I am relieved. Took some weeks but this new one seems to be a good copy. I want to disassemble the knife to inspect it but I'm afraid I might find stuff again. lol. So I'm going to let it be.

Glad Kizer USA took care of this for me. There's a reason why I don't buy things like shoes online. I hate returning or exchanging stuff, especially if I'm packaging the product and paying for shipping back to the company. In this case, I had to. Would I buy a Kizer product again? Probably, if they release another design from Justin Lunquist that is...

Hope this helps. Have a problem with Kizer and live in Murica? Contact Kizer USA. Want sheer quality? Well then buy a custom.

When a company mass produces a product they are bound to have a few that are not up to spec. Look how many companies have mass recalls even on simple items that are found - after being released - to be hazardous.

I had a dud Benchmade knife that had the blade flopping around when it was open. The whole batch were the same. It wouldn't stop me from buying another Benchmade knife even though I had to pay for the return postage like you.

Kizer should have refunded you the postage. So should all retailers if they sell you a faulty item.

I have a policy that if an item is under a certain amount we just send a replacement at no cost to the customer. It's not worth the hassle to everyone getting the faulty one back. Unless the manufacturer asks for it. Then we pay the postage. If it's an expensive item like the Feist we would also pay the return postage.

As the old saying goes (I'm paraphrasing here) "it's not the faulty item as much as how the company deals with it". That's what will make you a happy repeat customer.

I bet if Kizer sees this (and I'll point it out to them since I'm one of their resellers) they will refund your postage.

Today I received the replacement Feist. Glassy pivot and no grittiness. I am relieved. Took some weeks but this new one seems to be a good copy. I want to disassemble the knife to inspect it but I'm afraid I might find stuff again. lol. So I'm going to let it be.

Glad Kizer USA took care of this for me. There's a reason why I don't buy things like shoes online. I hate returning or exchanging stuff, especially if I'm packaging the product and paying for shipping back to the company. In this case, I had to. Would I buy a Kizer product again? Probably, if they release another design from Justin Lunquist that is...

Hope this helps. Have a problem with Kizer and live in Murica? Contact Kizer USA. Want sheer quality? Well then buy a custom.
Hello, if you send the defective knife back to our US office, we will inspect it first and if it is defective from the factory, we can refund the postage. Could you please PM me your paypal account?

Hello, if you send the defective knife back to our US office, we will inspect it first and if it is defective from the factory, we can refund the postage. Could you please PM me your paypal account?

I attempted to PM you and there is no PM option on your profile. How would you like me to contact you, so I can provide you with my PayPal info?

Back