Fun Friday Sale! Grey Zombie...

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Unlocks at 3:00 Eastern time

Behold the fearsome Grey Zombie, risen from the dead, it walks the earth. Or the "Gray Turd" as Matt Gregory called it.

This is surplus to some R&D we were doing here and robbed from the creek bed. It's rough folks. Heat treat scale, scarred from use, pitting, shmoo. It was given a coarse grind, pickled in acid, tumbled within an inch of its life (or un-death or whatever) and emerged a glorious Grey Zombie... Don't stare too long.

RBpvg1R.jpg

SQ4uIK5.jpg

NlnuqXF.jpg

Tk1U7Rx.jpg

mlV600A.jpg

M9DI4gR.jpg

AeQdMmR.jpg

4X2BzOK.jpg

It is literally back from the dead.

It's a Light Chopper in Delta 3V with a very utility grade finish. And tool marks, pitting, gouges and not particularly straight. And it's un-dead and might try to bite. But it's 100% functional, and I ground a cool looking swedge on it. 16.7 ounces. Don't buy this if you're looking for a nice collector grade example of an LC (looking at you Justin, it will make your OCD itch). But if you're wanting a nice light weight high performance camp knife that will perform like crazy and won't break from rough use, this is it. This knife does not fit our normal fit and finish standards and the reduced price reflects that, but it's a lot of knife for the $ and it's begging to be used. Buy it, use it, don't stare too long...

$295 without sheath in micarta
Sheath with dangler $80
Sheath with TekLok $65
Shipping is $10.

If there is a good turn out today we'll do a few more next Friday. :thumbsup:

That will be the last of the D3V LC. :eek:

Last edited:
Cool. As long as there are ten units of a blade being offered (in the future), I should be able to get in on it...

I consider myself a winner because I still beat those two imps immediately below my OP :)

Don't be such a whiny baby by taking everything so literally. With that said, game on Brohim :D

Most certainly take this victory and remember it fondly!

So long as I'm at work posting on a phone and you're at home on the desktop you have a decent chance.

Or the "Gray Turd" as Matt Gregory called it.

That's nice precisely what I said.

I said you could make it yet another grey turd, then label this 'GT' and it would imply exclusivity while also implicitly segregating it from your normal 'quality' work.

After all, who wouldn't want the 'GT' model of a knife?

:D

Back