Game of Thrones

I'm wearing this t-shirt right now.

il_340x270.681512342_fltl.jpg

I don't get the shirt. Mind explaining it to me please?

Cool, but Ian McShane didn't last long. I'll have to watch it again. I don't remember him saying f*** even once.
il_340x270.681512342_fltl.jpg

Yeah, that kinda ticked me off. Months ago I read that he was in Season 6, and as a big fan of him from "Deadwood", I was excited. One episode. :grumpy:

He spent an entire character not swearing.
91e7-K3aSGL._SY445_.jpg

I happen to be watching this right now. I remember watching it maybe 20 years ago on A&E or something. So long ago I don't remember any of it. You could probably ask several thousand Americans and not find anybody who's even heard of this show.

I don't get the shirt. Mind explaining it to me please?

As gadunz said, Hound Fried Chicken. Just a bit of humor that came about from the following scene.

Lots of violence and foul language below, you have been warned. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I think that video explains the chickens. It starts at about 3:00.

Man! Just saw the season finale, the Battle of Bastards, some truly great battle scenes there. Especially liked the ring of spears scenes, I thought our boys were done for.

Man! Just saw the season finale, the Battle of Bastards, some truly great battle scenes there. Especially liked the ring of spears scenes, I thought our boys were done for.

Season finale "The Winds of Winter" is next Sunday.

I was literally cheering when Ramsey became dog food.

If I've read correctly, competent medieval reality was 3x3 squares of spearmen sided by swordsmen and halberdiers, backed by archers & javelineers ,& flanked by cav. An echo of Rome. Wallace & Moray used the spear skiltron to beat Eng cav.
Trained forces which hold formation & never fall into the mistake of single duels, even outnumbered, can beat an overwhelming rabble of bloodthirsty brawlers, as proved by the battles of Watling St , Culloden & Cagayan etc.
It was good to see a 3deep spearwall used to effect, even if they were the baddies.
Jon Snow was saved by the cav led by a scheming Irish pimp. I stand corrected.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/last-night-s-game-of-thrones-was-horrifying-infuriatin-1782266815

Last edited:
Good episode, but it left me really PO'ed.

I mean, killing Natalie Dormer's character, WTF!!!

First class eye candy.

I think they borrowed a bit from the Baptismal scene in The Godfather, with Cersei getting all duded up while everyone is in the temple, the somber background music, all set a feeling a something is gonna happen here, and it ain't gonna be pretty. The evil queen at her plotting and payback time. I get the feeling that her own payback is gonna be a Mutha!

It all looks like they are getting ready to wrap up the show with everything going against he Lanisters at last. Diana Rigg's charter Lady Olenna Tyrell, making a alliance for revenge with the Sand Snakes, Dany the Dragon lady finally gets her ships and sets sail with her army and air support. It looks like the Lanisters are going to end up like a walnut in the nut cracker.

But best of all, I LOVED the Frey back stabber getting his throat cut by the younger Stark girl. Looks like Arya learned a lot in the house of black and white. Besides Bronn, I've always had a fondness for Arya, she keeps her eye on the ball and doesn't shrink from slipping a blade into someone to settle an old debt. Dangerous little girl with a knife, I like that! Now that she's back in Westros, it'd be nice to see her and the hound meet up. They made a pretty good tag team in that tavern fight over the chickens.

Sansa, the saviour of the Battle of Bastards, for Queen of the North.
Lucky-to-be-alive impetuous Jon Snow can piss off back to the Wall.

Cersei's so busy gloating at the sight of her political enemies, including her daughter-in-law, die at the exploding temple, she fatally neglects her son.

Per the prophecy, she knew that him dying was inevitable. She probably regrets that it was a direct of effect of her actions, but I'm sure she'd do it all over again to sit on the Iron Throne.

Good episode, but it left me really PO'ed.

I mean, killing Natalie Dormer's character, WTF!!!

First class eye candy.

I think they borrowed a bit from the Baptismal scene in The Godfather, with Cersei getting all duded up while everyone is in the temple, the somber background music, all set a feeling a something is gonna happen here, and it ain't gonna be pretty. The evil queen at her plotting and payback time. I get the feeling that her own payback is gonna be a Mutha!

It all looks like they are getting ready to wrap up the show with everything going against he Lanisters at last. Diana Rigg's charter Lady Olenna Tyrell, making a alliance for revenge with the Sand Snakes, Dany the Dragon lady finally gets her ships and sets sail with her army and air support. It looks like the Lanisters are going to end up like a walnut in the nut cracker.

But best of all, I LOVED the Frey back stabber getting his throat cut by the younger Stark girl. Looks like Arya learned a lot in the house of black and white. Besides Bronn, I've always had a fondness for Arya, she keeps her eye on the ball and doesn't shrink from slipping a blade into someone to settle an old debt. Dangerous little girl with a knife, I like that! Now that she's back in Westros, it'd be nice to see her and the hound meet up. They made a pretty good tag team in that tavern fight over the chickens.

Yes sir, really sucks that they killed her off. Sad to say that they did it in good fashion.

With the coming war of two queens and a bastard, Winter, and everyone else's story lines I think they have enough plot to stretch it out 2 or 3 more season. 7 is a pretty significant number in the lore though, with 7 kingdoms, 7 pointed star the represents their gods, and other things that I don't remember, it would be fairly poetic to wrap it up in 7 seasons. Though I say nay! Give me more!

Anyone against the Alliance of Dragons is going to be hurtin' in the days to come.

A lot cheering went on the last two episodes, especially when Arya took off the face and crossed off a name. It would be cool to see her hook back up with the Hound and the Brotherhood Without Banners (they rock!), plenty of ass kicking would ensue.
If not them, it would be cool to see her meet with the Red Woman or Syrio Forel, but I think she'll go her own path.

Sansa, the saviour of the Battle of Bastards, for Queen of the North.
Lucky-to-be-alive impetuous Jon Snow can piss off back to the Wall.

Perhaps so. Too bad secret yet well timed alliances take a back seat to Pyrrhic victories, at least to the warrior eyes of North.

Back