• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

I'm sorry to say that it appears he's back to his old tricks. After trading for a Shamwari and Miura on the secondary market, I contacted Gareth for parts. He asked me to send money (only $25) to his sister's Paypal account (Red flag!), two weeks ago, promising shipping a day or two later. He's since dropped off the face of the Earth. After showing off my Bull knives on Instagram, I've also been contacted by two other viewers who saw my knives and wondered if I had a way to get in touch, as they're waiting on pre-paid shipments too.

This guy makes great knives, but man, he needs a business manager. Use caution. Not much appears to have changed.
To flake on $25 truly shows the character of a person.
Will you be doing a review Nick?? Also, will your dealings with GB be included, if you do a review??
Not sure if you perused the entire thread, but this dude is a true scam artist.
Love the channel brother.
Joe

Last edited:
To flake on $25 truly shows the character of a person.
Will you be doing a review Nick?? Also, will your dealings with GB be included, if you do a review??
Not sure if you perused the entire thread, but this dude is a true scam artist.
Love the channel brother.
Joe

I've given him one more week before I file the PayPal dispute. Maybe he'll make good. Yep, I'm planning to review the Miura and Shamwari, and absolutely, this will be "ugly". Even if he'd treated me fine, he's got enough history (this thread plus the one on SABlades) that I'd need to at least mention it in passing. It's a crying shame, too, as the Miura is an excellent knife, with a whole lot more good than bad. Thanks for the kind words.

EDIT: Go figure, I just got a response. He claimed issues sourcing teflon washers for the Miura, and accepts fault for lack of communication. Sadly, fits the pattern described here to a T. Great knifemaker, unreliable businessman.

Last edited:
Had a feeling you would!!
He has ripped off tons of knife knuts over the years and I'd HATE to see him get good press. All that would do is set up a bunch more people to go through this garbage.
Joe

Ladies, Gents, my apologies for the intrusion, I honestly do not wish to ruffle feathers. I have created this account solely for the purpose of this one post.

I am not here to offer you excuses.

I readily accept my failings (I am not trying to scam anyone, but can understand how some have drawn this conclusion) but I am committed to fixing them, and, as much as humanly possible, squaring up with those to whom I owe a debt. To which end:

If you are on my list, please, bear with me one more time. I ask that you email me at gbull1985@gmail.com and I will do everything in my power to get you squared away.

Thanks and warmest regards
Gazza

This guy is a clown.

So much for "bearing with him one more time". After reading his latest post I sent him a direct message over on Instagram where we had been communicating serval times over the last year or so, him prosmising to make me a knife but just disappearing abruptly and refusing to reply in the MIDDDLE of a conversation, the last one being us in the middle of deciding on what scales to use when he lost interest in the conversation.

Same exact thing happened yesterday. I asked about my order, message was sent and read (Instagram shows this), wonderkid here just refused to reply.

I suppose being "squared away" to him is subjective.

Wow!! He has changed WS!! He usually stops responding AFTER he gets the money!!
Really glad you aren't out any cash!
Joe

For what it's worth, I've got a tracking number now, and a nice set of new hardware inbound for two knives. So, some progress!

For what it's worth, I've got a tracking number now, and a nice set of new hardware inbound for two knives. So, some progress!

good to hear but I wish there was some progress on the extremely outstanding orders on the list. Just glad I have my knives from him already in hand.

I received the requested parts, which all fit beautifully, and following a payment hitch, Gareth even offered to comp them. I'm still hoping to pay the man, but I'm actually rather impressed.

Despite a shaky start, I'm pretty happy with how this worked out, and with Gareth. And I'm *very* happy with my Miura. So, one happy ending, at least.

Well, hate to say but I should have done further research before doing business with Mr. Bull. Saw a new batch of knives on Instagram and asked about getting a spot. He responded that a spot was available, and after PayPal cleared he could ship immediately. Supposed to arrive December 22nd. After active initial communication there has been nothing. No tracking, no knife no nothing. Unfortunately I found this thread afterwards and now who knows what will happen. Guess I need to move forward with a PayPal dispute. Too bad cause I know think the knife is great and I have wanted one for some time. Beware to those on Instagram. Anyone know if a complaint can be filed with them?

Well, hate to say but I should have done further research before doing business with Mr. Bull. Saw a new batch of knives on Instagram and asked about getting a spot. He responded that a spot was available, and after PayPal cleared he could ship immediately. Supposed to arrive December 22nd. After active initial communication there has been nothing. No tracking, no knife no nothing. Unfortunately I found this thread afterwards and now who knows what will happen. Guess I need to move forward with a PayPal dispute. Too bad cause I know think the knife is great and I have wanted one for some time. Beware to those on Instagram. Anyone know if a complaint can be filed with them?

Did you pay with Friends and family or Goods and services thru PayPal?

Chazdiesel,

I also bought one of those knives and am in the same exact boat as you. I did finally get a response from Bull this morning on Instagram and he is now saying that batch of knives will ship this coming Monday.

Chazdiesel & Andy:

I guess I make the 3rd musketeer for this batch of 2.75 shamwari's. I would echo that my experience has been exactly the same as you both, including the timing of both the initial discussions, finding this thread after the knife didn't ship and communication broke down, and the December 27/28 Instagram message indicating my knife will ship "Next Monday". At this point, I hope to report that I recieve that shipping notice "next Monday" and in about 7-14 days we have our knives. I sent Mr. Bull an email (using the gmail address above) indicating that I was reaching out as he requested in this thread. I did indicate that I would greatly appreciate an honest assessment from him as to when he expects to ship my knife. Like many of you, I could handle the delay, if I knew that the anticipated "ship" dates were at least in the ballpark of accuracy. Similarly, I asked for more regular communication. The "black hole" of communication gets worrisome. That said, if he does ship the knife "next Monday," I will come back and indicate as much. If that occurs, at the end of the day, the shipping would be about 2 weeks later than anticipated (and that during the Holiday season).

The black hole of G B's 'communication', AFTER payment is made, is very well documented!! Very well!
Hoping you guys get tightened up!
If not, hope you used Goods & Services.
Joe

Back