GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

That's very funny P. :D;)

I'm glad if I made you laugh! o_O

I eschew photographs when possible, and am also still kicking myself for allowing Esnyx to talk me into appearing in one of that awful guy's videos last year.

Actually, EARL is the one who proved (too) persuasive. The scoundrel. :rolleyes:

:D

~ P.

I love that picture!!

Forget the idea about the mustache, Sarah!!

Pam and I will be there! Can't wait to see all of our friends again. Really looking forward to meeting in person some new friends from near and far this year. We are not leaving until Sunday this year so we can stay for all of the picnic festivities.

Last edited:
The Cross Creek was full up. Just booked my room at the Quality Inn and Suites. It is a popular place too. I was happy to get the last room at the Quality Inn with two queen beds. I am planning to be there Thursday and Friday night. Not sure how far it is to the next motel from Titusville.

Looking forward to the trip!

,,,Mike in Canada

I talked to Bill today, and it is becoming more likely that we could see the BladeForums knife in progress while the Rendezvous tours are going on. That would be cool!!
Another reminder! Reserve a place at the picnic on Saturday so they will order enough food for you!!

I talked to Bill today, and it is becoming more likely that we could see the BladeForums knife in progress while the Rendezvous tours are going on. That would be cool!!
Another reminder! Reserve a place at the picnic on Saturday so they will order enough food for you!!

did bill hint at what the rendezvous knife will be? ;)

The more I get bitten by the traditional knife bug the more I am tempted to attend one of these rendezvous gatherings.

I'm "only" 42 and used to be a tactical flipper guy but have sold most of those chasing traditionals. I must be an old soul as my other passion is 1911 pistols.

I bet the abundance of collective knowledge at this gathering couldn't be found anywhere else. I better increase my own knowledge base before I try hanging with the recognized experts though!

1911s are my favorite pistols also, Squidman!
And, IMO, no-one knows it all, not by a long shot!
I am sure you have a lot to contribute to a Rendezvous! We are an easy bunch to hang with!!

The more I get bitten by the traditional knife bug the more I am tempted to attend one of these rendezvous gatherings.

I'm "only" 42 and used to be a tactical flipper guy but have sold most of those chasing traditionals. I must be an old soul as my other passion is 1911 pistols.

I bet the abundance of collective knowledge at this gathering couldn't be found anywhere else. I better increase my own knowledge base before I try hanging with the recognized experts though!

1911s are a true classic, had the pleasure of shooting one finally the other summer. awful nyc gun laws awful

1911s are my favorite pistols also, Squidman!
And, IMO, no-one knows it all, not by a long shot!
I am sure you have a lot to contribute to a Rendezvous! We are an easy bunch to hang with!!

Thanks Mr. Campagna, I doubt I have much to offer in the way of traditional knife knowledge at this point but I do have the desire to learn. Now 1911s on the other hand, I could talk about those for days. ;)

getting excited indeed, got a few knives that could use some touching up after their modifications

I'm looking forward to experiencing the whole thing vicariously through everyone's posts/photos here! (I'll make it up there one of these years...)

Sort of off topic,,,but,,,I am booked in for Thursday and Friday night in Titusville and plan to get to the GEC factory for the tour Friday. Not sure if I can stay for the Picnic but would like too.

Up here is my neck of the woods there are very few real knife stores. I would love to see and handle some small Bark River knives. PSK, Mikro Canadian, Bravo Micro. If anyone happened to bring theirs along for some show and tell that would be great. I am just having trouble making up my mind.

I plan to bring a couple NIT GECs along in case their is any interest in sale or trades. Is that kosher?

,,,Mike in Canada

All's fair in love and war and knife collecting! Glad another Canadian is coming!!

Back