GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

bring cash, atm fees are pricey if you dont bank with their local banks. never know what folks got to sell

FYI both Sheetz and GetGo have surcharge/fee free ATMs, doesn't matter what bank you use.

I'll be there again this year. I haven't been able to stay and talk/show and tell/meet people for very long the last three years for various reasons, but it looks like this year I'll have more time. I'm hoping to attend the picnic for the first time (if I can get out of work early)!

I collect the Rendezvous knives. It's really the only "set" I collect, I really like the random nature and uniqueness of the knives (also it means I only have to buy one knife a year to complete the set, which is certainly nice! haha). It was funny when last year I mentioned to Mr. Howard Jr. that it had been a #74 the last two years and he said his dad probably didn't even realize! I'm a little concerned about getting there on time this year though. We'll see!

I will probably camp rather than stay at the Inn. Is it also a restaurant/lounge?

FYI both Sheetz and GetGo have surcharge/fee free ATMs, doesn't matter what bank you use.

I'll be there again this year. I haven't been able to stay and talk/show and tell/meet ...

I will probably camp rather than stay at the Inn. Is it also a restaurant/lounge?

the cross creek? is a golf resort

ah didnt know that. id figure thered be atleast a chase there, coming from nyc, they have branches alllll over. hopefully this time ill get to spend more time in town. last year the rain cancelled the beer festival. also got to know a few of the attendees more in the facebook group, definitely a good time.

I collect the Rendezvous knives. It's really the only "set" I collect, I really like the random nature and uniqueness of the knives (also it means I only have to buy one knife a year to complete the set, which is certainly nice! haha). It was funny when last year I mentioned to Mr. Howard Jr. that it had been a #74 the last two years and he said his dad probably didn't even realize! I'm a little concerned about getting there on time this year though. We'll see!
Have you or would you post a picture of the "Rendezvous" knives, in your collection?

I have botched that post ! I was hoping that you (L.H.S.) would post a picture of the Rendezvous knives

Hard to get that mag here Charlie.

Would LOVE to see Lyles Knives in that edition.
Quite some time ago Bernard did a revue on a Civil War Bowie that I had posted.
I never got to see that edition when printed either.

Charlie I would have to look back. I remember Mike Robuck starting a Thread to say that I got a mention in Bernard's write up in the magazine because the knife was quite special- not mine my friend Ricks Knife.
I could even be wrong about the magazines actyal name.
I will research this a bit and find out.
The Bowie is one VERY interesting Knife that's for sure.

Charlie.
I looked up in Mikes Thread History.
Mike started a Thread in Feb 19th 2012. Mike stating that the latest issue had a kiwi in it.
I personally would love to get that magazine issue for Rick.

I really want to go this year. It looks like a 9.5 hour drive each way.

Considering flying, but fearful checking a bag with some of my favorite pocket knives in it in case it was lost!

Edit: Hmmm, plans are shaping up to be less then ideal. I may not be able to be in the area until after tour hours on Friday which means I would miss the tour altogether. What are the odds I would still get to look around and get my hands on something unusual?

I guess I would still make the meal!

Last edited:
Jeff, there will be Rendezvous knives for sale Sat A.M. (early!!!) and chances are good there will be an interesting knife or two in the "store".

Would you guys still go if you knew you would miss the tour opportunity?

That being said, I did watch all of Rob Bixby's videos from the factory tour so I do have some idea of how it all works. Of course, in person would always be the most fun.

Would you guys still go if you knew you would miss the tour opportunity?

That being said, I did watch all of Rob Bixby's videos from the factory tour so I do have some idea of how it all works. Of course, in person would always be the most fun.

The tour and a shot at some parts knives are my big factors. I'm disappointed to miss the picnic, but oh well.

I'd also like to talk more about SFO's with someone at GEC.

Charlie.
I looked up in Mikes Thread History.
Mike started a Thread in Feb 19th 2012. Mike stating that the latest issue had a kiwi in it.
I personally would love to get that magazine issue for Rick.
I have that issue, Duncan. I will bring it to you at Titusville!
Also, Chris said she has a "Lyle/Lick Creek" issue for you!!

Oh Wow- would LOVE to read it Charlie- I will see if I can order a copy? Please convey my thanks to Chris as well- thats amazing!
Thank you very much Charlie!
I just cannot wait now- few more days until I jump on that Plane and head towards Pauls Place!:thumbsup:

You can have the one I bring, Duncan. I actually ordered another. I get a great deal as a long-time subscriber.

Back