Gemini and Ursa Minor off center

Hey guys, just got my first Kizer knives but they're both off-center. I wouldn't say it would impact functionality much but I'm just wondering if that's usually how the quality is. Loving them both so far though!

I own 3 Kizers among which an Ursa Minor and all are perfectly centered.

Last edited:
I've gotten Kizers before with loose hardware and screws. I'd try taking a turn on the pivot to make sure its tightened up properly and then check all the body screws.

I've gotten Kizers before with loose hardware and screws. I'd try taking a turn on the pivot to make sure its tightened up properly and then check all the body screws.

+1. Almost all of the recent Kizers I have suffered from no loctite and relatively loose threads. All of mine showed up perfectly centered, but the screw loosened in the first couple days of use and were eventually off center. A dap of blue loctite has solved the issue for me.

+1. Almost all of the recent Kizers I have suffered from no loctite and relatively loose threads. All of mine showed up perfectly centered, but the screw loosened in the first couple days of use and were eventually off center. A dap of blue loctite has solved the issue for me.

Disturbing news -- Kizer, please respond.

Disturbing news -- Kizer, please respond.

To clarify, I'm referring to the Gemini, Ursa Minor, Intrepid, and Guru that I received, which are the last Kizer knives I have bought. I haven't checked the pivot on my Intrepid Mini yet. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal as many of the knives I've taken apart didn't have loctite.

The threads on these Kizers were looser (or smoother depending on how you look at it) than most, which probably added to the screw loosening after repeated flipping. Again, I don't see this as a big issue. I think I did mention to Tracy that blue loctite would be appropriate when we were going back and forth about a machined clip order.

To clarify, I'm referring to the Gemini, Ursa Minor, Intrepid, and Guru that I received, which are the last Kizer knives I have bought. I haven't checked the pivot on my Intrepid Mini yet. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal as many of the knives I've taken apart didn't have loctite.

The threads on these Kizers were looser (or smoother depending on how you look at it) than most, which probably added to the screw loosening after repeated flipping. Again, I don't see this as a big issue. I think I did mention to Tracy that blue loctite would be appropriate when we were going back and forth about a machined clip order.

Interesting... all of the Guru's that I have received directly from them seem to have very tight pivot screws with some sort of loctite in them.

Hrm ok thanks guys, I'll try to tighten it. Does anyone know what torx size these screws are? Thanks!

I also have the same problem with my Ursa Minor. I tighten down the pivot but it'll get loose again after about 30-40 openings. Never had a flipper with this problem before but maybe they've all had loctite in the pivot screw and I just didn't notice.

Hello Guys, I am sorry to hear that. Could you please send email to service@kizercutlery.com to illustrate the issues(Better with photos)? Our staff will submit all the issues to our production department to see what happen and think up solutions. Thanks for your feedbacks.

You asked if the off centering your seeing is customary. My personal experience is that models from a year ago or more had flawless fit and the centering was perfect. The last several I have tried since November (e.g. New T1 arrived last Friday) have had increasing issues with fit and finish. If you take the lock bar tension off the blade is there any side to side play and do the flush pivot screws sit evenly on the scales?

Back