General Update #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
B Brian.Evans With everything going fluid now I'd like to ask if I can buy another knife being there were some canceled orders in the last few months I always try to have a back up of knifes I like

This is very nice to see!
Any idea how the grind thickness will compare to the first run? By that I mean specifically the thickness behind the edge. I like that the first run is pretty lean, the benefits of the hollow grind, and is this new run going to be nice and lean as well?

The grind is flat so it will have a bit more meat behind the edge than a hollow grind (duh, right?). They will still be lean, just not as lean as a hollow grind.

Do we have to do anything to insure you have all the correct information? After all this time I want to make sure there are no mishaps in getting my companion, I stuck by you the whole time, and I am very excited to be coming to the end. I knew you would do what ever it took to get this done. Thank you.
Thank you for your continued patience and confidence. About two weeks from completion I will be verifying everyone's addresses and emails.
How are the handle scales and cf material coming along?
These are being completed when the knives are at heat treat.
Hey mate, just a few extra questions. Would it help speed things up if you had several sheath-makers doing the kydex at the same time as each other, in parallel? Also, will alternate handle scales still be available for purchase anytime after this production run? And considering you're thinking of closing down EKT (at least for the near future), what does that do to the warranty?
Cheers dude.
I'm doing some figuring on several sheath makers, but if I do, it might be difficult to verify quality levels across three or four craftsmen at the same time. Honestly, a simple taco sheath with three or four rivets isn't hard and can be made several at a time.

Nice! Did you keep the same supplier for sheaths and scales?
No. Scales are being made by the same shop that is milling the knives. Ronnie is sidelined with some issues that preclude him from making sheaths, but I have lots of contacts in the sheath world that I'm working with on sheaths.

B Brian.Evans With everything going fluid now I'd like to ask if I can buy another knife being there were some canceled orders in the last few months I always try to have a back up of knifes I like
I will have extra knives available to purchase, but I want to make sure exactly how many before I commit to numbers. Don't worry, I will be emailing once I have final numbers. The last thing I want to do is over sell this run!!

Great news!!!
When are you planning to send to customers?
I'm going to try for early November. That is my goal, but ultimately it will depend a lot on how long heat treating and sheaths take.
Brian!
Send you email!
Got your email, see above.

No. Scales are being made by the same shop that is milling the knives. Ronnie is sidelined with some issues that preclude him from making sheaths, but I have lots of contacts in the sheath world that I'm working with on sheaths.

I will have extra knives available to purchase, but I want to make sure exactly how many before I commit to numbers. Don't worry, I will be emailing once I have final numbers. The last thing I want to do is over sell this run!!

I'm going to try for early November. That is my goal, but ultimately it will depend a lot on how long heat treating and sheaths take.

Got your email, see above.
roger let me know when your ready ill definitely take another.

Really cool :D really looking forward to see the first ones with scales.
Any information on what makers mark they'll carry?

Is it too late to receive refund on indiegogo pre-order? I contacted Brian via e-mail two times already but no response. Companion would've made a perfect EDC fixed blade but I've already acquired two small fixed blades that I love while waiting. Currently thinning out my collection so don't want to add another blade...

Is it too late to receive refund on indiegogo pre-order? I contacted Brian via e-mail two times already but no response. Companion would've made a perfect EDC fixed blade but I've already acquired two small fixed blades that I love while waiting. Currently thinning out my collection so don't want to add another blade...

I believe he said in one of the other update threads that he cant process anymore refunds...this about 3-5 months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back