George has Passed Away

My sympathies to the family. So long George. RIP my friend.

STR

I really don't know what to say other than thank you. Carol, you and George helped me get started in this journey and have been there for all of us along the way.
Rest in Peace George, you done good.
Steve

Sadly, I never met George. However, I have heard great things about him. May he rest in peace.

My Prayers go out to the family. I am sorry for your loss, may God be with you all through these tough times.

Though this sad news does not now come as a surprise, I nevertheless find myself overwhelmed by the thought of what a privilege and an honor it's been for me to be even just a minor part of the extended Tichbourne family for the better part of a decade. I've enjoyed many a hobby in my day, but George and Carol are a large part of the reason why this one has become special to me in a way that none of the others can match. We are blessed as a community to have many wonderful people among our ranks, but there are none who are more well respected or who have earned a greater reputation for graciousness than George and Carol.

And so, as George's spirit transcends our earthly realm, my thoughts and prayers now turn to Carol in the hope that even but a small fraction of the warmth, generosity and sincerity that she's extended to others on a daily basis might now be returned to her in a way that will serve to ease her suffering and grief.

I don't know much, but the only speculation I can offer is that by this time next week, the finish on St. Peter's gates will have been upgraded from pearly to mirrored. :)

Very sorry to read this news. May George rest in peace and may his
Family and friends find peace in lasting memories. My sincere
Condolences are sent to the family.

May his memory be for a blessing, may his family be comforte,d and may they all dwell with love and peace.

Sending up smoke from deep within the Boreal forest. Rest in Peace George, and thank you for all your help, and the polish on my knives that you helped me to perfect will live on. May the healling begin for the Tichbourne family.

My condolences to the Tichbourne family. I did not have the privilege to know George, but if the postings here are any indication, he has left a beautiful legacy in his work and investment in others.

My very first "Custom" knife that I ever bought is a Tichbourne. Bought second hand from a friend that needed cash.
We here on earth have lost a good man, and a great blade-smith.
Valhalla has gained both.
RIP George.
My prayers and condolences to Carol and the rest of his family.

George was one of the knifemakers that will always be remembered. Rest In Peace George, you will be sorely missed. Our condolences to his family.

I knew George only by reputation, and if reputation is any measure of a man, he was a great man indeed.

Prayers go to his friends and family.

Carol and family, I offer my sincerest condolences.

Rest in peace George.

Back