• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

going gear

I have purchased a few flashlights from them. Fair price, quick shipping. GTG in my book.

Russ

^^^ As everyone has posted, its a totally legit and reputed business. They have a good following in the flashlight community, and also own a brick-and-mortar store in Atlanta, GA (I think).

It seems like a lot of people have had good experiences with them; I'm a little surprised. I purchased 2 O-Light flashlights from them, for $50 each, that stopped working within a few months after the purchase date. I (politely) contacted them by email, notified them of the defect, and requested a return or exchange. They refused both options, and instead told me to send it to the manufacturer for repair, shipping at my own expense. To reiterate, a product they sold me didnt work, and they refused any accountability. At the time, my life was pretty hectic, so I didn't have the time to google consumer warranty rights, or the length of time the retailer would be responsible for a defective product. However, the way they dismissed my request was enough to lose my business for the foreseeable future. $100 wont make or break me, but I'd never buy from GoingGear again, and couldn't in good conscience recommend it to potential customers. I'm glad the majority of those in this thread have had a good experience with the company; just wanted to share my own :thumbdn:

kinda late to the game, but Going Gear is local to me so i've been there a few times to buy knives...they are DEFINITELY good to go...

Loooooooooooooooooong time ago (2009) I helped the owner to source some items here in Spain. Great guy to deal with! I wouldn't hesitate to do bussiness with him!

i bought a zt 801brz sprint from going gear. no issues. there price wasnt right on the website so i messaged them on instagram and they fixed it. so i was pretty happy about that.

I sent $288.50 to Going Gear on April 19th via PayPal. I received the PayPal confirmation (and the money has left my account), but I never received a confirmation email from Going Gear themselves. I asked them through their contact on the website on Monday, but haven't heard back yet.

It's only been a week, so I'm not panicking. Is this normal, though?

I sent $288.50 to Going Gear on April 19th via PayPal. I received the PayPal confirmation (and the money has left my account), but I never received a confirmation email from Going Gear themselves. I asked them through their contact on the website on Monday, but haven't heard back yet.

It's only been a week, so I'm not panicking. Is this normal, though?
email them again. also try instagram if you havent already.

cant say thats normal or not. probably not normal. make a new email vs replying to the current one.

Well, I didn't have to worry! Came in the mail today. Faster than I thought it would in fact.

EiBXxWQ.jpg

The Search function is your friend.

1. going gear
    Anyone else heard of this company? They carry a lot of different things. thanks
    Thread by: Mr.HD, Feb 11, 2017, 28 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

2. Thread
    Shout out to Going Gear in Georgia!!
    I just wanted to take a minute to let you guys know of an absolutely awesome camping gear store located in Smyrna, Georgia. This place just rocks...
    Thread by: brotherscinco, Aug 28, 2014, 14 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

3. Thread
    Going Gear - GoingGear.com
    I had a great buying experience this week. Bought a ZT 0560CBCF. Great price, fast shipping, great packaging, very polite and friendly customer...
    Thread by: BlackOpsSec, May 2, 2013, 0 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

4. Thread
    Going Gear
    I recently received my first purchase from Going Gear late last week. One of the items I had ordered was to be an Army size firesteel, however, it...
    Thread by: moshow9, Oct 18, 2010, 0 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

5. Thread
    Going Gear
    Going Gear's reputation is solid, but I figure I'll add to it a little more. At the beginning of this week i placed an order for a couple of...
    Thread by: John G, Aug 1, 2010, 0 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

6. Thread
    Going Gear
    Love that store. Great selection, competitive prices, and awesome customer service. Not to mention they support Bladeforums by offering members a...
    Thread by: Snow, Jun 10, 2010, 0 replies, in forum: FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

I personally haven't dealt with going gear. I have heard nothing but great things about them. I would have zero hesitation buying from them. As others have mentioned their flashlight selection and price is awesome. I bought an almost brand new surefire lumamax L4 for 20$ from a drug addict on Craigslist. So I'm good in the flashlight department.

Back