Good find?

First of all, this isn't a tool forum and you probably should've posted this in gadgets and gear at the very most.
Now to this drill press, the old craftsman power tools were definitely made to last. Check the aluminum badge/ plate for a date of manufacture.
I've got a craftsman 1/4hp block body bench grinder that was made in 1958 and is totally rust brown from being used on a farm for 58yrs and it still runs great.
It doesn't really matter what you spent on the tool if it gives you decades of good use like I'm sure it will.

I would also take note that the motors that they used were often rated as 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 Peak HP which is different than operating HP.

I doubt on a drill press in a non-professional position it would matter that much, but just stating this for informational purposes.

I have the same one and it's been great. I've had it ten years or more.

Yea I'm in the process of re purposing a sameri sword I got into a knife just used the press to drill out the brass Pins in a cheap winchester Bowie knife for the handle of it im super proud of myself. I know this isn't the place to ask but would contact cement work ok for gluing the handles before pins are placed or should I go with epoxy?

Nope, especially for the forces exerted with a sword.

Use a high quality two part epoxy. I would actually suggest West System Epoxy (I got mine from West Marine). It is a toughened Epoxy, designed for 30 years in salt water and taking hits on a boat and it works great for knife handles.

Just make sure you
- Give it 24 hours to cure.
- Use Very good respiration or mix it outside and let it set in a place with good air flow.
- Use spring clamps to hold your slabs on to make sure you don't press all of the epoxy out and have a dry joint.

If I can think of anything else, I will update you.
That being said, this should be moved to the knifemakers subforum.

Nope, especially for the forces exerted with a sword.

Use a high quality two part epoxy. I would actually suggest West System Epoxy (I got mine from West Marine). It is a toughened Epoxy, designed for 30 years in salt water and taking hits on a boat and it works great for knife handles.

Just make sure you
- Give it 24 hours to cure.
- Use Very good respiration or mix it outside and let it set in a place with good air flow.
- Use spring clamps to hold your slabs on to make sure you don't press all of the epoxy out and have a dry joint.

If I can think of anything else, I will update you.
That being said, this should be moved to the knifemakers subforum.
So I think you misunderstood me I took a sword and im making a knife out of it

Still, use a quality two part epoxy. But now you have options.

I would still stick with West System, but many also like Acraglass.

I've got the same one, works fine for 90% of my needs. Remember a drill press is not a Bridgeport it's meant to drill holes and I've used mine to press small pins in and out of soft materials.

Back