Gossman Knives picture thread

That is actually a design by J. Williams. I think he called it the "Pointman". I made the blade, someone else did the handle scales.
Scott

This one feels great in the hand, and the blade cuts very well. J came up with a great design, and Scott executed it very well. Works great for me. Haven't done much except whittling and cutting some straps etc.

Did some one stick fires yesterday, just messing around. Didn't get pics of the curls, or fire. My little brother did pretty well. Tried dry grass too, as well as a mix of dry grass and curls. Curls did better, used dry pine. Will have to try with some dry hardwoods.

263696_525305350815903_58054551_n.jpg

It's clearly a capable curly cutter :)

Oh, and that's not rust on the tip by the way...I was eating persimmons and using the PSK Sr to dig out the pits.

Here is a couple of mine:

Large Deer Creek with S7.
iphone_pics_244.JPG
[/IMG]

Here is the Deer Creek with my Big Bore Tusker, O1:
IMG_14365.jpg
[/IMG]
photo_4_30.JPG
[/IMG]

Nice pics Andy. How are you liking that Deer Creek?
Scott

It's been my go to knife so for this year since winning it at Gosstoberfest. I love it. It's the perfect in-between size knife. Not too big, not too small. The handle ergonomics and contours are perfect. I remember checking it out prior to winning it and saying, "this could be the perfect knife". I've used it a lot. From food prep to bushcrafting. It's a kick ass knife man. The S7 holds a good edge. My buds in deer camp were very envious of the knife, especially the two toned handle.

Just picked this 5 inch Tusker up from Scott's shop. Its a Big Bore with A2, natural micarta, and red liner. Extremely sharp!!!

IMG_20191.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_2023.JPG
[/IMG]

I picked this Polaris up in a trade with SHS:
10515.JPG
[/IMG]
10913.JPG
[/IMG]

My current Gossman family:
IMG_20242.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_20261.JPG
[/IMG]

good stuff andster. thanks for the pics. what wood is on the polaris? really like the looks of it.

good stuff andster. thanks for the pics. what wood is on the polaris? really like the looks of it.

Osage on the Polaris. The scales have a really cool visual effect when you move the handle back and forth. I'm not sure what to call it. Its A2 also.

Back