Gossman Knives picture thread

I had to post this. It's a classic. Last year I chopped down this dead pine about 20 ft tall that my wife has been bugging me to do. I had at it with my Tusker. She came home as said, "Oh, you finally cut down that tree. How did you do it?" I told her I used a knife. She rolled her eyes and said I should have known.:D
Scott

chop.jpg

chop2.jpg

I love it, a classic indeed:D I think it's safe to say here, we would have all used a knife:)

Bear, it took an hour. I stopped to rest a few times. This is not that hard to do with a knife it you use the right technique.
Scott

Hey guys,
I wanted to give my PSK a patina treatment since I really like the looks of it, and it keeps rust to a minimum. I left it in a bucket of vinegar overnight after removing the original cord wrap. I re-wrapped it with no trouble thanks to Scott's excellent sticky tutorial. Hope you enjoy the pics:)

Where did I leave my PSK?

That turned out great. Nice thing is, you can always redo it if it wears off. Good job on the rewrap. :thumbup:
Scott

Scott, I have never seen those pictures before, awesome. Hahah, I would love to tell people I took down a big tree with my knife!

IUKE12, nice patina. A lot of the guys over at the Ranger Knives section in KF have been doing that. I was thinking that when I get my PSK, I'll patina just the handle under the paracord wrap so that it can resist rust better if the cord gets wet. Digging the high-viz yellow too, I have that color on my motorcycle jacket.

A guy on KF "patina'd" his BRKT using hot dog fixin's - ketchup, mustard and relish and it came out looking like it was color case-hardened.

I love that wrap.:thumbup: The bright colors will make it hard to loose and it just looks cool.

Scott,
"Classic?" "Insane?" I'll go with either or both!:thumbup:
It says a LOT for the knife and, well,... something about the guy attached to the handle for an hour too!:D.

Thanks guys. There was nothing wrong with Scott's wrap mind you, I noticed some small rust forming under the wrap, so the cord had to come off. I like the neon yellow, not worried about where I put it down now, although the trade-off is that it shows dirt easier than OD. Good thing is, wrapping the PSK is as easy as tying your shoes:D

It's THAT pic of the Tusker sitting on the stump that caused me to get on the list of knives made by Scott! I want my Tusker to be just like that one! And now I need to save up for a PSK and I'll be set. (Well, for at least a little while)...

That's why I put up the tutitoral for cord wrapping. You can unwrap and hit the tang with steel wool or a scotchbrite pad if it gets ugly under the cord then rewrap.
Scott

..... Good thing is, wrapping the PSK is as easy as tying your shoes:D

Please don't tell us you used the same 550 cord to lace your shoes:eek:.

I like the idea you can change colors or remove the wrap to clean up under it, etc. Good thing for the tutorial:thumbup:.

I tend toward using 330 climbing rope for my wraps, because it has never failed me, and I can get almost three times the amount in the same space as 550. I also like the feel better. Gonna have to re wrap the PSKs now that Scott has shown the right way to do it... mine looks like it was done by a drunken third grader... :(

I've got some stuff that is a bit thinner than the para cord. It has 3M reflective thread weaved into it. Awesome when you hit it with a light, thinking about using some of that next time around, might like the feel better also, nice tip MrCoffee.

Back